"Uncle." He whispered, interrupting his uncle's focus. "Didn't you tell the family you were going to withdraw from the stock market?"

Although his voice was not loud, the cubicle was narrow and, attracted by the topic, Chen Yuanming naturally looked over. "Brother Xiao, you plan on withdrawing?"

Xiao Yun glanced at his nephew with some annoyance. He had planned to talk to Chen Yuanming about this at dinner in the evening and he had not expected the issue to be brought up at this time. This was not a good topic. But the words were already out, so there was no point in concealing it. A bitter smile appeared on his face and Xiao Yun leaned back lazily on the sofa.

"The old man has spoken, and he will not let me play in the muddy waters of the stock market anymore. He says it is immoral."

This reason was neither serious nor trivial, so it was difficult to understand what the other party actually meant. Chen Yuanming smiled, "What does he mean by immoral? We have not harmed anyone."

"I don't even want to talk about it. It is just that in the past six months, there have been people around the old man and my eldest brother who have fallen into the stock market trap. Some embezzled corporate funds, some used bank assets, and some abused their powers.... Good comrades, who had good work ethic, all lost their heads because of money. It is rather sad. The old man couldn't stand it anymore and is treating the stock market like the scourge. "

There was really nothing Chen Yuanming could say about this. There were too many of such precedents in the stock market. The glamorous allure of money caused people to do desperate things. The more powerful they were, the more likely they were to lose their heads. But this was not the real reason for withdrawal, was it? This bull market wave would likely only last three months. At most, by mid-February the market will begin to fall. Moreover, there will also be extremely strict policy tightening to follow. Xiao Yun's withdrawal was a bit too coincidental.

Xiao Yun looked up at the teenager near him and smiled softly, "How about having lunch together at noon. How does Huanghe Road sound?"

1993 was the time when business at the Huanghe Road Food Street began to flourish. More and more restaurants had opened, and everything was readily available, especially luxury seafood dishes. As the city was a fairly famous center point of the financial world, their target customers were the winners of the stock market, who had become rich overnight in Shanghai.

On receiving this abrupt lunch invitation, Chen Yuanming understood that the other party wanted to discuss topics that were not appropriate to bring up in the large family room, so of course he willingly agreed.

After the market closed at noon, the three walked towards Huanghe Road together. At this point, Xiao Yun was also aware of Chen Yuanming's quirks, so when they went out together, they usually walked and never rode in a car. Along the way, Chen Yuanming saw a few familiar faces from the stock market. Most were upstarts with the same arrogance, oily heads, sunglasses of various colors, gold chains and leather clothes. A few had disregarded the cold February air to stand outside and use their brick-like machines to chat.

The mobile phones of this era, the so-called "Big Brother" phones, had swept Shanghai. Most were the Motorola 3200 which had a market price of more than 20,000 yuan. It's price on the black market was about 50,000 to 60,000 yuan. The net weight of the phone was more than a pound, and its power lasted only 10 hours. In addition, the call quality was extremely bad, and the number of signal towers pitiful. The cost to performance ratio was simply unbearable, yet such a thing was synonymous with identity and status

...

Chen Yuanming held back a bitter smile. What else could they do? This was China now. The mobile communications industry was still a blank slate. If he could enter this field, there would be incalculable wealth waiting for him, but it may be a bit too late to start from scratch. In 1992, the output value of Huawei was already estimated to have exceeded 100 million yuan. The kind of momentum the Huawei team had was definitely not something that could be built overnight ...