CHAPTER 16

In May, there were rainstorms and typhoons along the South China coast. Just driving through Shaoguan, heavy rain poured down.

The provincial road was not as straight as a highway. Once it was hit by rain, one couldn't even see the road ahead. Worried about the cargo in the car, Scarface did not force Chen Yuanming to continue driving, but rather found a place for them to shelter from the rain. Of course, he did not notice the pallor on Chen Yuanming's face.

It was stop and go all the way. A journey that should have originally taken three or four days to travel in one stretch, took six days. It was mid-May by the time the duo re-entered the small hotel in the suburbs of Wuhan. Burning with impatience, Scarface settled down quickly then hurriedly rushed off to deliver the goods, leaving Chen Yuanming alone at the hotel.

It had been more than half a month since Chen Yuanming last visited the small hotel, so when Su Xiao saw Chen Yuanming again, the surprise on her face was undisguised.

That afternoon, the dining table was set up in the living room, but this time there was no steaming food. Instead, neatly lined up on the table was a pile of brand-new electronic watches covered in waterproof packaging.

"This is ... pretty good ..."

Su Xiao's voice stuttered as she looked at the table full of watches. The electronic watches Chen Yuanming had brought back this time were very outstanding in quality. They were a little more refined than those her husband had brought, especially the cartoon-shaped models with their bright colors. Their smooth shape was extremely attractive.

It was just ... She suddenly remembered what her husband had said last time and her face paled. This young man had a good eye for merchandise but what price would he offer for the shipment? Would he really only pass on 5 yuan of profit?

Wang Haitao didn't make any overt moves. Instead, he took the watches one by one and carefully checked them. He adjusted the clock, checked the seams of the straps and the buckles, and verified whether the display screen was flat. It took a whole half hour to inspect all the goods on the table. After putting down the last watch in his hand, Wang Haitao pushed up his glasses and smiled at the teenager in front of him.

"Yuanming is very good at picking things up. The watches are all good. How do you intend to calculate the price?"

Chen Yuanming smiled and looked a bit depressed, but overall his expression was very relaxed. "According to the price you quoted the last time, the watches from Zhuhai are relatively cheaper. So, would this work? .... The ordinary electronic watch without any decoration is 10 yuan per piece. The Cartoon watch will be 17 yuan. However, the waterproof watch is too expensive to cut further so that will be 30 yuan for you. "

Su Xiao showed a look of surprise and immediately turned to look at her husband, who hinted at her with his gaze to look away. Wang Haitao gently patted the table twice and revealed a real smile, "Okay, then I will accept this entire batch. But it seems the profit margin can still ......"

Chen Yuanming also smiled. "This is only the beginning. You sell this first, brother Wang. I'll buy more goods next time after I make more money."

With this answer, the couple had no further objections and they laughed together. Wang Haitao then took out a stack of banknotes and put away the electronic watches on the table.

Su Xiao then accompanied Chen Yuanming to eat a light homemade meal. After the meal, seeing that he was not really in a good mood, she had no choice but to let him leave. This time, Chen Yuanming didn't go anywhere but went directly upstairs and locked himself in the guest room.

The rain began to patter once again, outside the window. Chen Yuanming lay stiffly on the hard bed and felt helpless inside.

With his first start-up fund, this business had made a net profit of 980 yuan, which almost 100% profit turnover. Together with the principal investment, he could continue to expand the volume of stock purchased to pave the way for further development. However, because his memories had given him these opportunities, the possibilities also tormented him.