Chapter 3 - You'll Have To Turn Him

Start from the beginning

            “Stop,” I was blushing badly.

            “No, Liam,” Niall shook his head, “It’s true. You need to accept it. People are going to be interested in you, and when they look at you and wink, it doesn’t mean that you did something wrong or right, it just means that they like you,”

            “I really don’t think so,” I blurted out. I was not attractive, I was nothing. I was just Liam, who had that average job as a waiter at the town diner.

            “Oh, c’mon, stop being so humble, realize that you are fucking beautiful already,” Niall laughed. I had never heard Niall talk like this before. He normally only said stuff like this about girls. Was I an exception? “And before you ask, I am straight,” He said, “But it’s true, you are attractive, just ask Harry. I’m sure he has thought about snogging you at one point or another,”

            I was sure that my face was bright red now, but I tried to ignore it.

            “Are you having lunch at your house?” Niall asked.

I nodded, “I’m making food for my grandmum too, you can come in if you want,”

“Sounds good,”

Once I had made lunch and eaten with Niall and Granny—yes, Niall did eat two lunches—Niall and I headed back to the diner. John, my boss, was in today, filling in for me while I took my break.

“Liam!” He smiled when I walked in.

John was a good man. He was big—well over six foot and so muscular it kind of worried me—and he often underestimated his strength. He walked over to me and patted me on the back, but it wasn’t so much of a pat as a hit. The air escaped my lungs for a moment and I had to cough and grab my chest to breath normally again.

“You have been running this place like a military base,” He smiled. It made me want to laugh really, because John obviously didn’t know anything about military bases.

“It’s not that hard,” I admitted. It really wasn’t. The people knew me, I knew the people, and Harry made the food. Simple. Straightforward.

“I heard there are some new people in town,” John said. I nodded. “Have they come in for a bite to eat yet?”

“Yeah, twice,” I said.

“Great,” He smiled, “Let’s try to get them in here for every meal,”

I nodded, and started getting back into the flow of work.

Zayn’s P.O.V.