Rationalization

The next morning Voight sat at his kitchen table nursing his morning cup of coffee. His thoughts were consumed with the events of the previous evening. Elena was still sleeping in his bed, and he had managed to get up, shower, and dress without awakening her. Before he left his room, he stood by the bedside and watched her as she slept. Lying there in the mounds of sheets and pillows she looked even younger than she had the night before when he held her in his arms and took that from her which she would never get back: her virginity.

He knew he should feel something: guilt, shame, self-loathing, remorse. But for some inexplicable reason he felt none of those things. He loved Elena. He adored her. His thoughts were consumed with her. He couldn't see past her.  When he held her in his arms, it felt natural.

But there was one thought that he could not shake: Mike. He knew Mike would have been appalled and felt betrayed if he were still alive. If there was an afterlife and Mike was looking down on him, he was undoubtedly shaking his head, disappointed in the friend with whom he had entrusted his beloved niece.

"I love her, Mike," Voight said out loud.  "Right or wrong, I love her, and I swear on my life I will always take care of her."
—————————————————————————-
Their lovemaking was frequent and often spontaneous.  Elena was discovering the joys of sex, and her "Hankers" was more than thrilled to lead her on this new, unexplored journey.  Like other teenagers she had always been curious about sex but assumed she would be much older when she finally experienced it. 

Voight likened her to a kid in a store who finds a toy she likes and can't get enough of playing with it.  He guided her through everything he did, and she more than willingly followed him.  He found her unbridled enthusiasm terribly erotic.  The slightest touch of his fingers on her naked body made her shudder and convulse with each stroke.  The first time she had an orgasm she literally lifted him several inches off the bed, which he found astounding.  He tried to figure out how she did it since she weighed all of 110 pounds to his 165.  But she lifted him up with such ease that she seemed to be possessed of some super human strength.

"How did you do that, Kitten," he asked with awe and amusement.

She hadn't even realized what she had done.  Without answering him she pulled him down and kissed him passionately on the mouth.

He couldn't get enough of her or she of him.  When he was on a job he was completely focused on the task at hand, but when he got back to his office and there was a lull, his thoughts would drift to the tautness of her small body, her womanly scent, and those almond eyes of hers looking up at him in total and complete adoration.  He hadn't felt this alive since Camille died.

In her inexperience she had not once expressed concern about contraception.  The thought had never occurred to her.  If and when she should ever bring it up he would explain to her that he had had a vasectomy many years earlier after Justin was born when he and Camille decided they didn't want to have any more children.

He was uneasy about how she would react to that news, not that she wanted to get pregnant any time soon; however, possibly in the future when her maternal instincts kicked in and her biological time clock started ticking, she might want to have a baby.  And he wouldn't be able to give her one. He would deal with that issue if and when the time came.

Fortunately the issue of colleges had now become moot.  Elena announced to him shortly after they began having sex that she no longer wanted to go to Howard University but would attend the University of Chicago because she didn't want to be away from him.  That thrilled him to no end.

She did, however, want a car to drive to and from school.  After all, she said, Midian had access to a car and would be driving it to Washington D.C. when he started Howard the following year.  His parents were letting him use his mother's car. 

Voight was against her having a car and told her in no uncertain terms that it would be a few years before he would buy her one.  For now public transportation would suit her just fine.

Elena persisted in her request, but he stood his ground.  He wasn't comfortable with her having a car because she was only 16.  She had taken driver's education the previous year and had her learner's permit, but he refused to take her to the DMV to get a driver's license.

"I'll let you drive my car with me from time to time, but that's as far as it goes," he told her.

Elena was becoming aware of the sexual hold she had on him and started using it  to persuade him to do things to which he was initially opposed.  And often it worked.  But on the car issue he remained steadfast and adamant and found her attempts to change his mind with foot jobs and other sexual enticements adorable.

"I like that, Kitten," he moaned while he was sitting on the couch one day reading the newspaper.  She had laid down on the floor and began rubbing his crotch with her foot.

"Do you like that, Hankers?" she asked him seductively.

"God, yes," he moaned, his eyes closed and his head back.  "Please don't stop."

She moved her foot gently in a circular motion between his legs watching him revel in the erotic pleasure she was giving him. 

"Oh, and about a car," she said matter of factly.

"Umm, what about it?" he murmured.

"I really think it would be a good idea if you get me one.  I actually have one all picked out."

He opened his eyes and looked smilingly down at her.

"I love you, Kitten, and  you can do this to me all night as far as I'm concerned."  He then leaned forward and looked lovingly into her eyes.  "But you still ain't getting a car," he said grabbing her foot and holding it firmly on his crotch.

The smile quickly disappeared from her face as she attempted to pull her foot out of his grasp, but he held onto it, bent down, and began tenderly kissing her toes one by one. 

"You have the smallest feet," he commented. 

She snatched her foot away from him, got up, and stomped upstairs to her room.

He chuckled and shook his head as he picked up the newspaper and resumed reading it although his ability to concentrate had been severely compromised by his arousal. She was too adorable, he thought, and he definitely found her attempts at persuasion most appealing.

But she could never stay angry with him for very long.  By that evening she was in his bed levitating him off the mattress again during another one of her explosive orgasms that were becoming more and more frequent. 

She wasn't done testing him though. She held a sexual power over him and knew he was obsessed with her.  What she didn't know was that despite his obsession with her, he would never be coaxed into allowing her to do something he believed was against her interests or might even be harmful or dangerous.  He had to constantly remind her that he was the one in charge.

—————————————————————————-