𝕮Ⴙ@ᎮꝈé𝛤 11

The next day, a Sunday, the thirteen boys made their way to the dance studio at 8 pm. After they discussed for a while, they had decided they would have their replacement class at night so Chan could come without skipping tuition.

Seungcheol made his way out of the house, seeing Johnny standing outside of his car. Seungcheol waved to him and got in. It was currently 7 pm and Seungcheol was heading to the dance studio. Unlike some of the others, Seungcheol didn't need to sneak out of the house or plead with his parents for permission because his parents were not at home. As Johnny drove along the road, Seungcheol saw someone familiar waiting at the tram stops. [ Is that Seokmin?]

"Johnny, stop the car please," Seungcheol called out to the driver. The car slowly rolled to a stop nearby the tram stop and Seungcheol stepped out. Seungcheol was now standing somewhere where Seokmin could not see him but Seungcheol had a clear view of the boy. But now that Seuncheol could see clearly, he noticed not one but two boys. Seungcheol was getting jealous. He walked over to them, finally deciding to confront them.

"Hey Seokmin," Seungcheol shouted slightly as he made his way up to the bus stop. Seokmin turned around to see who was calling him while the boy he was talking to peeked over his shoulder. "Seungcheol, hey. What are you doing here?" Seungcheol looked from Seokmin to the boy standing next to him. Taking the hint, Seokmin quickly introduced him. "Seungcheol, this is Mark, my cousin. Mark this is Seungcheol, my... good friend."

Seungcheol nodded his head at Mark before turning his attention back to Seokmin

Seungcheol nodded his head at Mark before turning his attention back to Seokmin. "Why are you still here? We have class at 8." Seokmin smiled at him, "I would say the same to you, mister. Why are you here?" "I was passing by when I saw you. Do you need a ride to the studio?" Seungcheol asked.

"No, it's okay, I was going to take the tram with Mark," Seokmin answered, not noticing the stinky glares Seungcheol was sending Mark, but Mark sure did. "No Hyung, you should go with him. I can take the tram myself." Mark quickly protested. "But Mark..." Seokmin started. "No, it's really okay. Look here comes the tram." Mark pointed as the tram stopped. "I am at a tram stop, are you the tram that stops?" Mark asked, earning a weird look from the driver. "Never mind." Mark sighed as he bid Seokmin and Seungcheol goodbye. (a/n to be honest, I made up this scene to slide that iconic line in. Sorry if it made no sense) The two stood awkwardly as the tram slowly left. Seokmin was still trying to avoid Seungcheol so getting in Seungcheol's car wasn't very high on his to-do list.

"Come on, let's go." Seungcheol finally said, breaking the silence. Grabbing Seokmin by the arm, he pulled Seokmin to his car and reluctantly, Seokmin got in.

As Seungcheol and Seokmin were at the tram stop with Mark, Chan was trying his best to quietly open up his bedroom window. He didn't bother asking his parents to let him go for the dance practice because, since the day he skipped tuition, they had been ignoring him. They would constantly talk loudly about their friends whose kids were getting straight A's or skipping years because they are too "smart", making Chan feel so guilty. Like if he didn't get straight A's, he was doing something wrong. But Chan was determined, he was going to be a dancer. That was his dream and he is going to do anything to achieve it.

Chan held onto the tree outside his window and slowly shimmied down the tree. He landed softly on the ground and tiptoed towards the gate that separated his garden from the main street. Chan's father was a businessman and ran a very successful business. They lived in a considerably big house and he usually was bought whatever he wanted, just as long as he got good grades. Something Chan had been failing for the past few years. It wasn't that he didn't study, he did. It was just that he would get so nervous during the exam he would forget everything he studied. He had tried explaining to his parents but his parents didn't believe him, they would usually answer with, "That's not an excuse, if you studied harder, you would get better grades" This line was repeated to Chan over and over again until it was burnt into his brain like it was his life motto.

Creak.

Chan cringed as the gate made a loud sound while he closed it. Locking it, he ran down the streets, up the escalator to the train station and barely just squeezed into the train before the doors closed. As he sat down at a vacant seat, Chan breathed a sigh of relief. Mentally going through his schedule and making sure he didn't miss any tuition; Chan didn't notice someone sitting down next to him until he heard a familiar voice.

"Chan?" Chan turned his head and was shocked to see Samuel sitting there, carrying a backpack. Well, I'm not sure if he should've been shocked because it seemed perfectly normal to bump into a friend on a train. "Oh, Samuel. Are you going home?" Chan asked, looking at the boy. "No, apparently a teacher at the dance studio I work at wanted to use a room and since I was the one who locked up and had the keys, I had to go give it to him," Samuel replied, jingling a set of keys. Chan raised his eyebrows, it couldn't be that two different studios decided to have an extra class at the same time, right? Chan put the thought at the back of his mind and started talking to Samuel, the topic eventually changing into dancing. Chan was surprised to find out the boy also had a love for dancing and wanted to be a professional dancer when he grew up.

Soon, the train stopped at Chan's destination and he stood up. Samuel also stood up and the two got off the train together. "Oh, do you work near here?" Chan asked Samuel as the two rode the escalator out of the station. "Yeah, I work at Wen Tiao dance studio." Chan's head whipped to the side. "Oh, I study there!" he said. Stopping for a while before continuing. "I guess that means that you are coming to help us unlock the studio," Chan said, looking at Samuel, who just nodded his head and smiled at him. Just then, Chan felt his heartbeat increase dramatically. He started getting butterflies in his stomach and felt his face heating up. [Why am I heating up?] Chan thought to himself, the two rounding the bend to the studio.

Walking up to the studio and saw a small group standing in front of the door. "Chan, you wouldn't believe it. Apparently, Mr Park couldn't make it because his husband just got into an accident. We came all the way here for nothing." Seungkwan said as Chan jogged up to the group. "You mean I came here for nothing?" A small voice was heard from behind Chan. All 12 heads looked around and Chan quickly introduced everyone to Samuel.

"What if we just go in and practice for a while, since Samuel is here anyway with the keys," Seungcheol suggested, and everyone slowly agreed one by one. Samuel opened the door and they walked in.

"Hey, Seokmin. Are you free tomorrow?" Joshua asked, catching up with Seokmin, who was making his way to the kitchen. "Ummm, we have school but I guess I'm free after that. Why?" Joshua hesitated, should he really ask. "I was wondering if you and I..." Seokmin turned around to face Joshua and tilted his head. "You and I... want to study together?" Joshua blurted out. [ That wasn't it. Goddammit.] Seokmin raised his eyebrows before replying with a short, "Sure." Joshua snapped out of his thoughts. "Cool, why don't we meet up at... the coffee shop near your school. "Alrighty," Seokmin said. And with that, the two made their way back to the group, where Joshua was met with Seungcheol glaring at him.

~...~

Love yourself first. 💜

Author 💎