17.

★ 𝐌𝐈𝐊𝐄𝐘 𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐓𝐎𝐍 ★
ғᴇʙᴜʀᴀʀʏ 9ᴛʜ, 2021

" dad ! " I yelled." I'm bout to apply ! "

" goodluck." he said popping his head in my room." hopefully you get to play for csbu, but ybu is okay too."

" I'm really hoping for ybu." I mumbled as he closed the door.

I facetimed nirah, propping my phone up on the computer screen.

" heyyyy." she said as she answered.

" I'm scared." i said scratching my head.

" what happened ? "

" so I'm about to apply to play for ybu and csbu basketball." I said playing in my hair.

" I'm applying for both just incase ybu don't accept me than I got a backup plan."

" oh okay let's pray you make in ybu." she said setting her camera up.

" ight we praying out loud to each or quietly ? "

" it don't matter which ever you more comfortable with."

" outloud, you start though."

she nodded before closing her eyes and I closed mine.

" lord I ask you to let ybu accept so he can pursue his dreams in playing basketball, a gift that you blessed him with, lord I also ask you to keep him safe too, amen."

" amen." i added.

after we prayed, I had a feeling about something a good feeling, I felt good about applying to ybu.

" okay I'm about to apply." I said going to the ybu basketball enrollment page.

I applied to the ybu basketball team, and then typed in the csbu basketball enrollment page.

" are you nervous ? " she asked munching on some goldfish.

" no I ain't nervous." I said playing with my hair a little.

" yes you is." she said shaking her head." I can tell it's okay to be nervous."

" mane how we know I'm gone make it." I said running my hand over my face.

" your tongue is a powerful thing you keep talking like that you might not make it." she said with a straight face. " but I'm sure you are going to make it."

" you right." I said agreeing with her, I began to apply to csbu.

after applying to both of the schools, I turn off my computer, grabbing my phone plopping on the bed.

" so when do you find out if you got accepted or not ? " she asked scratching her hair through her bonnet.

" I guess in two weeks." I said shrugging." I'll call you when I get the email from them."

" okay you better." she said stale-facing me." if you don't we gone have a problem."

" mhm okay." i said laughing." shouldn't you be at work ? "

" nigga no I don't clock in till next Thursday." she said getting hyped.

" but I start working 40+ hours after that." she said frowning a little.

" shid thats alotta money though." I said scratching my head. " that's bout a band from that week alone."

" I know right." she said smiling.

" but I got a question ? "

" yea ? "

" you be talking to dooter ? " I asked I laid my phone on the bed so she won't see my facial expression.

" he must be running back and telling you shit huh." she said raising a eyebrow.

" so you do ? "

" he be talking to me I barely hold a conversation with the nigga."

" aw he be bothering you ? "

" not really but like damn he be tryna get my address so bad, I don't mind us hanging out because we hung out a few times but I don't know I get weird vibes from him."

shit, hopefully this nigga plan don't work, and them hanging out I don't mind dooter but I just don't trust AJ.

" mikey ? " you good ? "

" huh." I said snapping out my thoughts." yea I'm good."

" you sure, you was quiet."

" yea I was just thinking about something."

" oh okay." she said nodding." well I'll call you tomorrow before I do this girl hair."

" okay." I said smiling before clicking the X button.

I sat up and ran my hand over my face.

" mama I need to talk to you about something."

" I feel bad for not telling her about the bet, it always slips my mind."

" mama I don't even know what to do, if she find out about the bet and find out that I knew about it she's going to hate me." I said running my hands through my hair.

" she remind me of you."

" I learned that people come into your life and they are either blessings or lessons, maybe she's my blessing but I always wondered why did dooter come in her life if all he wanted to do is ruin it."

" but i don't question God and his ways like ty'mere said aj and dooter gone get what's coming to them, ain't nothing we can do."

" but I love you mama continue watching over me." I said blowing a kiss.

______________________
                      𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐒.
I just realized I named mikey after the basketball player mikey LMAO I took his first & last name but I promise y'all he ain't the faceclaim.