Chapter- 1

Ma'am, my boyfriend is really sick, would you please complete my project?" Lisa asked crying.

Oh wow! Now that's new a reason coming from her , does she think I am jobless? Why would she come to me when she has her co-workers?! Oh yes..! Because I am a Pushover! People in my office tend to forget that I am their boss and they dump their work on me with their heart wrenching stories and excuses. And me? I feel bad and do it for two reasons,

1.No choice and

2.I am Pathetic.

"Oh my! What happened ? Did you take him to Doctor?" I replied faking sympathetic tone.

She sobbed more" No..! That's why I am asking if you can complete my project because I will be taking him to doctor .He has...um..Cold..my poor darling is sneezing from morning, I can't see him so sick".

I sighed and nodded .Lisa thanked me and dumped her work in my desk before I could utter anything!

Damn! It looks like I am staying late again. I have been doing my employees work because someone's granny died or dog fell sick or sister's boyfriend dumped her and she needed someone! I sighed I really need to be strict because even I have my damn life to live. I have my family to call..to whom I haven't spoken forever. My house is a mess because I spend nearly 18 hours in office and don't have time and energy to clean it .My laundry pile keeps getting bigger and bigger , grocery at home is almost over, my garden is neglected. I don't even know when I had a long peaceful sleep.

I am the first person to be at office and the last one to leave .I am the one who complete their deadlines because they are getting late. I am the one who help everyone, when I need there is NO ONE!

Arghh! My life's a mess right now. I have had enough!! I got up shoved the file under my drawer . I noticed it was almost 5.I got ready to leave the office for once let the sleazebags work late. I took my unfinished file and opened my cabin.

Employees looked at me surprised. Oh yeah, I NEVER left office this early. It was Now or Never." Listen up everyone. I am going home now. I want all of you to finish your work and leave the office AFTER they finished. I want all the projects to be submitted by tomorrow. On late submission there will be strict action." I commanded in my cold voice which I seldomly use. The look on their face was priceless, they looked at me like I had sprouted 4 heads, except for Chang, Sarah and Damon who had 'Its-about-time-lady' look. I winked at them and left.

Leaving the Building I sigh with relief. To say it felt great would be an understatement. I really had enough. I didn't know what my employees opine about my sudden behavioural change but it doesn't matter, because right now I feel awesome .

I wasn't in a mood to go home as the condition my house would affect my mood so I decided to check out the new cafe two block down my office.

The cafe has a rustic look and the aroma of coffee is very welcoming . I ordered for a latte and sat down in the corner of the cafe by a window. It's freezing here . I think it might snow in the night today.

Oh god! I hate when it snows as it makes travelling to office very tedious. My boss is crazy , he rarely visits office being the owner of such a huge company he doesn't take business seriously this might be because his father worked hard and got the company to where it is today and my boss was born with a silver-spoon in his mouth. I have heard about our company being taken over by another huge company " Veda Industries". It is owned by Kabir Kapoor , yes an Indian , oh by the way I am an Indian too . I just realised that I haven't introduced myself to you all.

I am Ruhi Mehta ,24 years old. My family is in India. But I live here in USA . As I sipped my tea. I realised how much I missed my family so quickly picking up my phone I called my mom.

"Hey? Are you fine? Is everything alright there?" my mom fired question without even wishing me hello.

" chill mom! everything is fine ." I said.

"Thank god. You had me worried for a minute."

"worried?" I asked confused.

"Ya. You are calling after a long time and that too middle of the night."

That's when I realised its almost 2.30am in India. I felt bad for disturbing mom's sleep.

" sorry mom. I will call you later. you go back to sleep" I quickly replied.

"No! it's alright. Tell me all that I am missed. any cute boyfriend I should know about?" mom asked.

I quickly updated her about my messed up situation and she updated me all the gossips about my cousins , friends and other relatives. And as for the boyfriend question mom asked my answer was NO . I didn't have time to leisurely sit and have a cup of coffee how could I manage to be in a relationship.

A/N - It takes just a second to Vote..Please do Vote and Comment :') Deeks.