Chapter 28 - Morning Reflections Part 2. (Unedited)

Start from the beginning

"I just hate that it's even a topic for discussion when it shouldn't be."

"I'm sorry dude..." There was a glisten in Sam's eyes as he apologised, and I could tell that he was letting his emotions show how badly he felt for his best friend.

"It's not your fault, Sam." I reassured him, reaching over to squeeze his shoulder briefly. Sam brought a hand up to grip my hand in equal comfort before I slid mine down and away.

"I know. I just wish things were different for you." I smiled and nodded in appreciation for him and his words. "Can we talk about something else for now?"

"Okay, sure..." Sam trailed, looking pensive for a moment before affixing me with a curious look. "What did you guys do last night? You didn't text me after you left the club."

"Oh yeah, sorry bro! I took Y/N up to the Griffith Park Observatory to look at the city lights." I replied nonchalantly, not wanting to go into too much detail of what happened after that when we had just got off the topic of Y/N and I.

However, Sam could read me like an open book, and knew that something was up. "Anything else happen?"

I let out a long breath, deflating at the realisation that once again I couldn't lie to Sam. Sucking in the air I had just let out, I began talking. "We talked and... She told me that she likes me too and-" Sam cut off my rushed rambling when he processed what I had said.

"Wait, really?! I told you she does dude!" I was almost bawled over by the amount of excitement that burst out of my best friend. "Then what happened?!" He exclaimed with a grin spreading across his face.

"I kissed her." I told him simply, a smile of my own growing at the memories of last night.

"You did?! That's great Colby!" Sam almost squawked.

"Sam calm down, it's not like we're boyfriend and girlfriend yet."

"I know, but this big for you!" He beamed.

"If you think that kissing a girl is big for me then I really must be pathetic." I groaned jokingly.

"I know you've kissed a lot of girls, dude... But if it actually means something with this one then I'm happy for you, bro." He said sincerely.

"Thanks man." He replied, my heart warming at his kind words.

"So what now? Are you guys going to get together?" He questioned.

"I don't know, Sam... Last night was amazing. However it doesn't change anything with the fans, or the fact that she's going home in two weeks."

"No offence Colby, but that just sounds like a lot of excuses." He stated seriously, and I was a bit taken aback by it.

"What?"

"Since when have you ever backed down from achieving something that you wanted?" He challenged.

"This is different Sam. This isn't some YouTube video or brand deal... This is a real relationship that I don't want to mess up. It's not just about me either, it's about Y/N as well and I can't hurt her."

"So what are you going to do for the rest of her time here? Are you just going to brush last night off and pretend that it never happened?" He then questioned.

"No." I denied noncommittedly, before collapsing in on myself. "I don't know... I guess I'll just see where it goes from here and let whatever happens, happen." I decided.

"Just be careful, brother. I know you'd never do it on purpose, but don't lead her on if you're not ready to commit to whatever's going on between you two." He warned.