Chapter 14

Song Recommendations

My Future - Billie Eilish
- The beginning of this chapter is pretty lighthearted, and makes me think of the positive moments shared between my favorite father and daughter duo.

Achilles Come Down - Gang Of Youths
- As I've mentioned before, I have no explanation as to why this song makes me think of Asami and Bakugo.

———

Though I had imagined the air would be cold from the empty patio of the eighth floor, I couldn't help but think of the calm and warming air as more of a blanket.

I was showered, my hair beginning to dry in the fluttering wind and my casual clothes hung loosely off my body.

My clothes not fitting was something I'd grown used to. Still- I hadn't grown accustomed to the sickly thin skin and wintering muscles after I woke up from the coma.

Even now- I wasn't used to the constantly sore muscles rebuilding under my skin.

Seemed like I wasn't used to anything these days.

"Barely touched your dinner," I looked up, finding my father tearing at a steak that seeped with pink liquid with every saw of his knife. I grimaced, watching him smile at the reaction. "I can order you something else if you'd like."

"This is fine," I mumbled, glancing out at the empty patio as the tranquil sound of jazz music hummed throughout on tiny speakers. "Did you really feel the need to rent out an entire floor of this restaurant? Had I known this is where we were going, I would have worn something nicer."

"Why change?! You look as beautiful as ever my dear. It's not every day my daughter earns her provisional license," he laughed, hoisting a hunk of steak on his fork into the air as he cheered as if there was a single soul on this floor besides us.

He whooped loudly, closing his other hand into a fist and pulling at an imaginary horn. "MORNING GLORY, YA HEAR THAT?! THAT'S MY DAUGHTER!" He screamed.

From somewhere far below us, the other customers of the restaurant broke out into a loud rally of cheering and applauding claps.

"You're ridiculous," I sighed, stabbing at a hunk of mashed potatoes as I listened to the customers continue to rally on. "Tell me again why we couldn't bring Izuku?" I asked.

"Because he's not my biological son and I don't want to bring my daughter's boyfriend to every single-"

"Shut up."

He laughed, taking a swig of a clear soda before slamming it down with a loud and satisfied sigh.

"His mother fed me for months. The least you can do is bring her son for one nice goddamn meal. Not like he doesn't deserve it," I glared, catching his curious eye as I leaned across the table and snagged a hunk of steak as he playfully stabbed at my hand with a fork.

"Relax, Asami. I've already made arrangements to take the two of you out for a more secluded dinner. We don't need the added attention. You saw the way they swarmed the entrance before we had even arrived here," He sighed, whisking two fingers into the air for another waitress to bring him another drink. "Probably not coming this close to the city again anytime soon anyways. It's best if you and I avoid this area outside of work from now on."

From below us, I could still hear the busy city continuing on in loud cars and thundering yells. This city... it was a place we were advised to not go anymore.