Chapter 20: Ava Ran Away from Home

Start from the beginning

Uncle Sam looked at me suspiciously and I just smiled innocently at him. I hope my lying doesn't get me in trouble.

Sam: alright I believe you
Ava: *sighs*
Dean: I'll just call your mother and let her know you're here
Ava: *lies* No! *gives raise eyebrow by the two of them* uh... I mean... Uh... it's okay I already told her before I reached you
Dean: how did you do that? You don't even have a phone
Ava: I do now *shows him* mommy added it to her family plan so I can be able to have a phone
Sam: *grabs her phone and looks* hey the kid has a better phone then me
Ava: now do you guys believe me?

Sam and Dean both looked at each other and sigh.
***

The family was getting something to eat later that night. Still no word on Cassie yet.

Ava's POV
I wonder if my mom or Uncle Bobby even knows I'm gone. I mean I did leave at home during the day and arrived here at night. Plus if they knew I was missing wouldn't they call by now.

I was finishing up eating my dinner while dad and Uncle Sam we're talking. I was supposed to be listening to my music so I wouldn't hear their conversation, but I needed to know what they were discussing. All I heard through my headphones as I pretended to bop was hell and Uriel whoever that was.

Our waiter kept annoying their conversation by asking if they wanted any desert.

Dad: dude!
Cheerful Waiter: Listen, bros. You've got to try our ice cream extreme. It's extreme.

I really wanted desert but Uncle Sam told me no because mom made sure to tell Sam to make me start eating more healthy when I was on the road with them, because I had my first cavity a couple days ago. Ugh my mom always has to ruin everything when I'm with dad.

Sam: Uh, no extremities, please. Just the --
Cheerful Waiter:  Check? Alright, awesome.
Sam: Thanks.
Dean: All right, so, where do we go from here?
Sam: I'm not sure. Uh, looks like it's been pretty quiet lately. No signs of demon activity, no omens or portents I can see.
Dad: That's good news for once.
Sam: Yeah, just the typical smattering of crank UFO sightings and one possible vengeful spirit. Here, check this out. Uh... Up in Concrete, Washington, eyewitness reports of a ghost that's been haunting the showers of a women's health facility.

Dad chokes with his beer and I rolled my eyes.

Sam: The victim claims that the ghost threw her down a flight of stairs. I can see you're very interested.
Dad: Women, showers. We've got to save these people.

End of POV

The boys and Ava finally made it to Concreate Washington. Dean dropped off Sam at the Chinese Restaurant and Dean took Ava with him to check it out at the Fitness Center.

Dean was reading the articles on the local news on the steps after they checked out the inside. Ava checked her messages and found a few missed calls from her mom and Uncle Bobby. She gulped when she noticed them and looked at her dad who looked concerned at her.

Dean: you okay?
Ava: uh-huh, you didn't get any calls today did you?
Dean: not that I know of, why? *raise eyebrow*
Ava: no reason *squirms from under his gaze*
Sam: *comes up to them* Well, you pick up anything?
Dean: No EMF in the shower or anywhere else. This house is clean.
Sam: Yeah. I'm not surprised. I kind of got the feeling back there that crazy pushed Mrs. Armstrong down the stairs.
Dean: I got to tell you, I'm pretty disappointed.
Sam: (exhales sharply) You wanted to save naked women.
Dean: Damn right I wanted to save some naked women.

Sam chuckles lightly.

Ava: Daddy, I have to use the bathroom
Dean: alright, Sam can you take her?

Sam nods and grabbed Ava hand and walks back into the fitness center.