"She wants Enoch to bring the dead man back to life so she can find out who this wight is and what they're planning," I told the others.

"Exactly," Emma said with a sly smile.

"That's absurd and dangerous," Enoch said indignantly.

"We need you for this plan to work," begged Emma.

"Please?" I asked.

"You're going along with this too?" asked Enoch to me.

"It's the only way to get any information," I told him as everyone watched us talk.

He sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Fine, but I'm only going because it would be really annoying if you died," he said with a smirk.

"Thank you!" I said jumping up, "I swear I'll try my best to not die now," I joked.

Enoch left to go collect the things he needed.

"I'm coming too," said Bronwyn, "I'd follow you anywhere Emma plus you're going to need my super strength if you run into any trouble."

"Wait no," began Jacob, "I don't want to put everyone in danger."

"Hush Jacob," I said, "we're coming whether you like it or not."

He was taken aback but I could tell he was grateful we were all coming.

"Don't think you can leave without me," Millard said, "I'm coming too."

We told everyone else to not tell Miss Peregrine where we were going as Emma, Jacob, Enoch, Millard, Bronwyn and I left the house. I considered bringing the bag I had packed with me but decided that I would be back in time. 

We walked through the bog avoiding the deep mud and treading the path we usually took. We arrived at the little dirt hole that I hadn't been to since my first arrival at the island almost a year ago. The sound of dripping water echoed as we ducked to not hit our heads on the low ceiling. 

After some time we reached the main cave and stood there while the changeover happened. A feeling of light-headedness but nothing too noticeable. Trekking out, we left for the village. 

The glimmering stars shone brightly in the dark evening sky. Tufts of grey clouds floated across the sky blocking out the beam of the moon every so often.

I walked beside Enoch as we held hands. I felt nervous but his touch made me calm down. 

"Thanks for agreeing to help," I whispered to him.

"Well I couldn't just let you go alone, I'm the only one who can raise a dead body," he whispered back sarcastically.  

"Oh hush, I'll take back my thanks right this instant," I whispered with a small smile on my face. 

We were silent for some time.

"Hey June," Enoch whispered, "I don't know what'll happen tonight but I just wanted to tell you that- to tell you that-" he struggled for words.

I think I knew what he was going to say. 

"I just wanted to tell you that I love you," he whispered softly into my ear.

The tingling in my ear spread to my entire body filling me with warmth and fuzziness. 

Enoch just told me he loved me. 

At that moment I knew that what I felt was love.

Love for him. 

I turned and looked at his hopeful face.