Chapter 5 ~What's happening?~

Words couldn't explain what was happening to Eclipse. Neither could the logic behind it. 

After blinking a couple of times, Eclipse found themselves outside. They were just in a net a few minutes ago. Were they free? Or was this fake? How did they get here? By super fast transportation? Teleportation? Or were they here all along? Their hands seemed movable. But their mind was still all over the place. Was the sky blue, or pink? What were they seeing? Was this all a hallucination? Or were they seeing the real world? 

The grassy plains they were on stretched out for miles. The grass seemed so healthy, so untouched, so new. Everything in front of them seemed so natural. Just a few minutes ago, they were fearing for their life. Where had everyone gone? Where were they now? They seemed to be in the middle of nowhere- until they turned around. 

Behind them was a growing array of technology. Robots wandering around; drones flying through sky-high buildings. What was all of this? Were they in the future? 

Someone stepped over the small border between the grasslands and the futuristic world and started to walk towards Eclipse. What or who could this be?

"Oh, hello there!" A robotic figure came closer into view. Eclipse stumbled backwards, trying to steer away from this thing- they had to follow Mx Claire's advice. "No, don't be scared of me! I won't do anything. Not like the other robots." Eclipse stopped.

"I am Bailey! Also known as the 'teleportation helper'. Basically- where the hell have you been?" It asked.

"Oh- I actually have no idea." Eclipse responded.

"Well.." Bailey tapped Eclipse's head. "From what I can tell, this isn't your reality, is it? I suppose you're in a dream state." It smiled. Eclipse let out a sigh of relief. They weren't getting killed in real life- but in a completely different reality. "However, realities seem to be clashing into each other a lot more nowadays. According to the data we keep," It pointed its hand up to a tower, "we seem to be clashing into a human reality soon. That means that anything that's been developed here might be used in your reality, and vice versa. So I'd be careful when you do wake up from your dream state." It recommended. "And hopefully that teleportation was comfortable for you- I'm terribly sorry if it wasn't."

"So, you guys have teleportation here?" Eclipse looked in awe.

"Well, it's not a really developed system yet. However, whoever is in most need for teleportation in our reality gets teleported to these grasslands. Thats why I'm the teleportation helper; I come to help anyone that's been taken here." It explained. "What was happening to you before you got taken here?" Bailey asked.

Eclipse thought back to what they were put through. "Well, it was pretty traumatic to say the least. I was handcuffed, and sentenced to death! All because of how I identified as. I was going to get killed by robots!" Eclipse cried out.

"Why, that sounds terrible. Tell me, how do you identify as?"

"I go by Eclipse, they/them pronouns." Eclipse smiled.

"Oh goodie! I've told you my name already, but I go by it/its pronouns if you wouldn't mind using them. And I'm terribly sorry for me rambling on." Bailey responded.

"No, it's fine! Thank you for helping me." Eclipse smiled.

"You're welcome! Ok.. according to my watch of realities.." Bailey looked down at its wrist, "it should almost be time to wake up for you. Come, follow me. I'll get you back to your reality." 

The pair stepped over the small border into the futuristic world. "Try to stay behind me as we walk." Bailey asked as Eclipse shuffled behind it. 

"We're getting closer to the reality shifter now. I'm so sorry for you by the way- you would have never been able to get to this reality by just falling asleep- somebody must have programmed something to get you here." Bailey told Eclipse. Eclipse was intrigued now- who might have forcibly shifted them into another reality?

"Alright, we're here." Bailey opened up the door, and ushered Eclipse into a seat. "Let me just examine you for a quick second, I'll see who or what has caused you to get to this reality." It stuck a little square piece on Eclipse's forehead, and started tapping on a keyboard, bringing up information about tons and tons of different codes.

After a few minutes, Bailey had some news to give.

"According to this, someone with the code name 'C4SS10' has managed to shift your dream reality here. Do you have any idea who or what that might be?" Bailey asked.

"No idea. But I'll definitely decode it when I get back to my reality." Eclipse responded. 

"That's great. Ok, now follow me again." Bailey led them to another room. "Here is a portal. Seems unreal. But it will take you back to your normal state. Just step through here and you'll be back to real life." Bailey smiled.

"Thank you so much Bailey. Wait. I have a question. If I write something on my hand, or something happens to me in this reality- will it affect other realities?" Eclipse asked.

"Well, it depends on how C4SS10 coded you to get here. But you will be able to remember everything that happened here, for sure." Bailey responded.

"Ok. I'll see you another time then." Eclipse waved goodbye.

"Have a great time, Eclipse." Bailey waved back.

A flash of purple passed through Eclipse's eyes as they whirled into the portal.

Their mind went blank again.

Breathe in... breathe out...

They found themselves back in Sky's bed, with Sky above them, trying to shake them awake.

"Eclipse! You're awake! I've been trying to get you up for ages, but you would not open your eyes!" Sky sighed in relief. 

"Am I back in the real world?" Eclipse asked.

"Yeah- of course you are? Are you alright?" 

"I've got so much to tell you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer's notes:

hah I keep leaving you all on cliffhangers I need to stop with that- 

ANYWAY

moral of today- robots dont all have to be scary- but the majority of them are.

OH WELL

ok

stay safe everyone <3

have a great day!!

-saratheshrimp