Three

Present Day:

He was different but still the same. His deep navy blue eyes focused on me, his dark brown hair was still styled exactly the same way with short back and sides and spiked at the top and I dare say he still only used enough gel in it so it was still soft enough that he could run his fingers through it the way he always had when he wasn't sure of himself or when he was frustrated. His skin was still that gorgeous golden caramel colour but he was older - his face had filled out as I knew his body had from the feel of his arms that I had grabbed a hold of when he caught me. I could see the top of a tattoo peeking out from the neckline of the black button up shirt he was wearing though I couldn't tell you exactly what it was.
Maddox Taylor was gorgeous as a teenager but this man in front of me - he was exquisite.

He continued to hold me as if he was having trouble believing it was really me and even when he finally brought us back to a standing position his hands remained firmly on my hips as mine stayed on his arms - not that you could blame me - they were really great arms....

"Mills" His voice was barely a whisper, but I felt it right through me,

"Maddox"

"I can't believe your here, I can't believe you are right in front of me. God your beautiful Mills. How are you?"

I laughed,

"I'm good, how are you? What brings you here? Are you on here holidays?

"Yeah I'm good, I'm actually staying at this hotel for awhile, I'm waiting for my house to be finished"

"Your house? You bought a house?? Here?? To Live?"

"Yeah, it's not too far from here but they are a bit behind so I'm hotel bound for the next week or two until it's done"

"Wow, so your back - like for good"

"Yeah - I wasn't sure where I was headed actually but I got a pretty great offer from a security firm here and I'd always wanted to come back here one day so"

"So your here?"

"I'm here"

"Wow"

"Yeah, wow. You look good Mills - really good"

"Thanks, you too"

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, but you know you do"

I suddenly became very aware of his hands that were still holding my hips, of my fingers tightening around his biceps and the closeness of our bodies still pressed together.

"Mills, I have a meeting to go to, but I would love to see you"

"Well your in luck, your staying at my work place"

"Shit, really?"

I nodded,

"Maybe we could have coffee in the morning if you have time"

"Yeah absolutely, I have another meeting scheduled for 10 but I could meet you before if you are free?"

"I can make myself available, around 8ish does that work, we can meet at the coffee shop on the 3rd floor"

"Yes" he replied, very quickly "Fuck it's really great to see you Mills"

"You too Madz"

He smiled at me again,

"I wish I didn't have to leave right now"

"I really have to get home anyway"

"Yeah, shit of course"

Slowly he moved his face closer to mine, his forehead pressing against my own his navy blue eyes hidden from me as he closed them.

"I've missed you Mila, so god damn much"

"I've missed you too Maddox, more than you could know"

I gasped when he pressed his lips to mine in a single, sweet kiss.

"I'll see you tomorrow babe. It's a date"

And with that he walked away. Turning around once more before heading through the automatic doors he threw that sexy smirk of his my way causing my heart to almost burst out of my chest.

I was thankful for the walk home today, it took that long for my heart rate to go back to some what normal.
I couldn't deny how good it was to see him again and I definitely could not deny how good he looks.

I rented a cute three bedroom home that was around a 15 minute walk from the hotel. It was a quiet neighbourhood and I loved it here.
It was absolutely silent when I walked in my front door, the relief from taking my shoes off alone was incredible.

I went room by room on my search for life, stopping once I reached the second bedroom. I stood in the doorway watching the scene in front of me waiting to be noticed.

"Mumma" my little girl gasped, dropping her teddy on the floor and running to me,

"Hey baby girl" I picked her up and balanced her on my hip "have you had a good day?"

"Yeah, we played dolls"

"You did"

"Aha and we went to the park"

"Wow, sounds like you to have been super busy"

"We sure have" Emma was my Nanny. She worked for me from Tuesday to Friday taking care of my 4 year old daughter Nova, on Friday nights Nova would stay over at my parents place until I finished work on Saturday afternoon. It was the easiest way for me to give stability to my baby's life and as a single mother working full time I needed to make sure she was well looked after.

"Thanks Emma, I'll see you in the morning"

"Yep, see you little munchkin"

"Bye Em Em"

"What do you think Miss Nova, how about a bath and we make some chicken and mashed potato for dinner"

"Yummy yummy yes please" she bounced up and down in my arms.

As I ran the bath and sat on the ledge watching Nova play with her toys in the warm water my thoughts drifted to Maddox. A lot had changed in my life in the last 10 years and I wondered what he had been through. I didn't notice a ring on his finger, not that my focus was on that specific detail but the way he held me and looked at me, he definitely didn't seem like he was a man committed to someone else.

Aghhh Mila what are you doing, you don't have time for this. I barely had time for the few friends I had let alone to be thinking of a boy who broke my heart years ago.
I needed to shut this down, and I would. Tomorrow I would tell him I wasn't looking for anything I would tell him that there was nothing left for me to offer him.
I would tell him I'd moved on when he left me 10 years ago, and I'd hope he'd believe me.....