Prologue

Prologue

- - - - -

Skylar's POV

The second I saw my boyfriend, Matt, making out with Tiffany, the host of this party and the biggest slut of the school, I felt my whole world shatter.

It was like everything was closing in on me, making it harder to breathe.

He didn't even notice me standing in the doorway, my mouth agape, eyes watery, and my heart crushed.

"Matt?" His head snapped up at the sound of my shaky voice. Instantly, he started rambling apologies, claiming it was a mistake. But I wasn't taking any of that.

"No, you asshole! We're over, I hate you so much!" I raised my hand and brought it across his face, creating a bright red handprint on his cheek.

My legs carried me out of the room, down the stairs and to Desiree, who was watching a guy put down a bunch of shots.

She noticed my tear soaked face and was about to ask what happened when Matt stumbled into the room. I think she put it all together when she walked straight up to him and repeated my actions from before.

I was dragged out of the house and to her car.

"I'm so sorry Sky, are you alright?" She looked at me worriedly. I just nodded as a new set of tears poured down my cheeks.

- - -

I laid in bed for a week straight, only getting up to use the bathroom and shower. Desiree came by every day, making sure to feed me.

Matt tried calling and texting me, but I sent him straight to voicemail and deleted the texts.

"Alright, enough moping around and feeling sorry for yourself, we're going out tonight. I don't care what you say, we're leaving in an hour so get ready!" Desiree shouted as she walked into my bedroom.

"But-"

"Nope, get up and shower." She ripped the blankets from my body and pushed me towards the bathroom before disappearing down the stairs.