Chapter 4

Heyy,

Sorry its not a very long chapter, but i hope you like it :P

Please Vote and Comment!

Thanks,

Nezz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Afternoon detention. One of the most boring things ever designed by teachers, and that's saying a lot considering what some teacher’s make us do.

I walked into the classroom to find it almost full. I gave the teacher my note and he looked up.

‘Ah Beth you can sit over there’ He says while pointing to one of the few empty desks.

I go over to my little desk and look for my book. It’s not in my bag! I keep searching for it; it’s my only source of entertainment. After about five minutes I give up, taking an apple out of my bag I start crunching down on it.

I got bored so I decided to see who else was in the room. There was Justin, of course he was like the class clown and I don’t think he’d ever missed an afternoon detention. There was a few girls I didn’t recognise and then I saw a familiar face, Laura was sitting just a few seats away from me grinning like a maniac.

Laura had been my friend since year 7. To put it kindly she was very... ‘Unique’ but eh what can you say she was heaps of fun and always getting into to trouble, so I wasn’t surprised to see her here.

I grinned back at her then turned around as the door opened for a late comer.

Was it just me or has He started making regular appearances in my life.

‘Your very late’ the teacher growled at Him.

He just walked up to the teacher and said something I couldn’t hear.

Then He came and sat down in the only spare seat in the room, next to me.

There are times, when time just fly’s away, and then there are times when every second is longer than the next. That was like right now. Every so often I stole glances at him.

He had his eyes shut while he was listening to His iPod.

After a particularly long bout of staring I was about to glance away when the teacher stands up.

‘Beth, could you please continue your staring elsewhere, this is detention for Christ’s sake not a... romantic holiday.’ He says rather loudly.

I can feel my face go bright red, and I can hear snickers around the room. And when I finally dare to glance up I notice He had taken His earphones out and had a large smirk on his face.

Ahhh why me I thought. Life was so unfair.

If I had one wish then it would be to be teleported somewhere very far away where no one spoke English.

I looked over at Laura who I can see has been laughing. Typical, but I couldn’t blame her; I would have done the same thing in her position.

It seemed like forever but finally the teacher let us go. I bolt out of the classroom as fast as my legs could carry me.