Chapter 16

*Alex's view*

I had no idea what  just happened,  I know we have been taken to this room again and I'm blindfolded but nothing else. Alya had been shouting me for the past hour asking where I was and if I am okay, but I can't answer her, I feel pain but don't know my injuries.

Alya kept whispering to me, I guess she was trying to entertain herself and me but I wasn't working, it was making me feel more uncomfortable. I was waiting to hear footsteps and feel pain as a cane hits my skin, I wanted it to happen quickly and not have to wait for the long, hurtful beating to arrive without warning. 

I finally heard footsteps coming into the room, I positioned myself as comfortable as I could ready the long beating most likely to happen right this second.  But I didn't feel no pain,  but heard screams,  Alya was being beaten first, but I didn't try to escape like I normally do, this time I yelled at them to stop, but they didn't as I heard the cane's whoosh as they hit, I couldn't bear to hear it longer,  they had to stop.

They finally did stop but moved to me, I felt their breaths on my chest they were that close. One of them started hitting me with the cane, then someone hit me in the legs and stamping on my feet, then punching me in the stomach.  It felt like an hour untill they stopped,  but when I started to catch my breathe one of them hit my broken rib, I couldn't breath at all. 

They left the room and I tried to breath normally but I couldn't, Alya was asking why I was breathing so heavily,  I couldn't answer her as I struggled to even say one word, pain was racing in my rib uncontrollably without me able to do anything about it. They didn't take us back to our cell, but left us here, maybe they left us here for death.

Alya kept yelling for a guard to take us out but I knew no one would come, they hardly ever listen to what we shout for, they don't want to help us, they want to kill us. My rib was hurting more than before but I was able to breath abit better than before but still not enough to say anything. I really wanted to get out of here, my arms were aching and pain was growing, we both needed to escape but it was looking impossible.