Chapter 6: When do you move on ?

Start from the beginning

Where they were standing was the exact spot they planned on going to Mars together and he told her that he didn't see a future without her. Did he still see a future with her ? Did he stop trying ? Has he moved on ?

This was also the stairs where he held her in his arms for the first time without her asking him to which is silly but knowing he doesn't like physical contact she was happy. It was when they had an argument and she got so mad she stormed out,he chased after her and caught her sitting on the stairs crying. He wasn't good at picking up emotions or dealing with them so he just sat there asking why she was crying and a bit confused on not knowing what was the right questions to ask.

"Sometimes I feel like you don't love me as much as I love you, sometimes I feel like you don't care for me and that I'm just not worth anything to you. I know it is silly and all but I need reassurance for some reason. It's stupid, forget it."Amy said while looking at Sheldon who was just staring at her. She looked back to her hands that were fiddling in her lap.

He took his finger and placed it under her chin and pulled her face until she was looking at him . He took both his hands and gently placed it on her face and he kissed her very gently and lightly like she was so fragile she would break.

"That is ridiculous but I'm going to try to understand for you. Amy,I love you alot ,so much so that I think it would pain me to lose you. Sometimes I get so scared of how much I love you that I'm scared you are going to leave and find a better man than me. I most definitely don't deserve you but I love you and I'm sorry if I don't show it all the time but I really do.Amy Farrah Fowler you amaze me more than words can say."He said still holding his finger under her chin.

She was shocked to hear him say this but she needed this more than ever and she smiled.She could feel her face going red. He kissed her once again just gently and pulled her close that she was lying on his chest. He kissed her on her head and just held her there for a while until eventually they decided it was best to get back.

Amy was still frozen and she could feel her heart beating rapidly faster now. Both Bernie and Leonard left and Amy chased after her trying to let her know that Bernie has to drive her home. Something drew her to him like a magnet. She stood there metres away from him.

She started the conversation as she thought maybe she could get it over and done with but she realised even though it hurt her to see him for some reason the pain seemed to disappear by a lot when she was near him. She realised in that moment she was feeling the pain much stronger lately because she didn't see him.

She grew so accustomed to him hanging around through the break up when he decided to cut off all contact and wasn't around anymore it hurt more because he stopped trying. He gave up on getting her back which made her glad but heartbroken to and that realisation was why the pain hurt so much more lately.

He mentioned Barry Kripke asking her out and it hurt her to even let him know that he indeed did ask her out but she did it anyway. There was a constant silence in between every answer but this answer required more silence. It was awkward but Amy felt happy to be in the same room as him.

"Interesting" he said eventually.

Interesting? What did he mean by that ? Was he happy she was moving on ? Was he hurt ? She didn't know anymore but she decided to tell him that she said no to see his reaction. He smiled a little in the corner of his mouth but just said that he asked two woman out and they both said no .

That stung a little. Sheldon,the scientist who doesn't quite care for dating and it was a surprise he even dated her was asking other woman out . She wasn't even aware he was trying to start dating again. She eventually told him that after not knowing what to say.