"Sounds good. I'll start with what you've given me here, and I'll let you know if there's anything else I need. Give me around two days to get everything together. If anything comes up before then I'll let you know." He stood up and headed out just as quickly as he came.

Slyv recommended him, so I didn't question him. If the PI was endorsed by that boy, then I had no questions. I already knew he had to be one of the best. He definitely charged like it, too. But I didn't care much for the price as long as it meant Dania was safe.

"I'm looking forward to seeing what you find, Mr. Edwards." I stood from my chair as he exited the door with a brief nod of acknowledgment.

I checked my buzzing phone to see a message from Orion. He and Dania were on their way home. That was my final meeting of the day which meant I could head home, too. I made my way to the elevators after checking with Sariah that my schedule was clear for the rest of the day.

There was only one meeting left-- the dumbass police officers. At this point, it was simply a formality to have them conduct their investigation. I doubted that they came up with anything useful. I let Slyv know I was done for the day and heading home before leaving the office.

I called my baby as soon as I got into the car.

"Hello? Reyn?" Her sweet, melodic voice was loud coming out of the speakers even though her tone was soft.

"Are you home yet, babygirl?" I started the car and exited the parking lot into the evening rush hour traffic.

"Mmhm, I just walked into the apartment. Are you psychic?"

I chuckled hearing her tone raise at the end of her question.

"I have cameras set up in my house. I'm watching you right now." I lied. I could only imagine her looking around trying to find a security camera.

"Really? I don't see any... are they hidden?" She whispered as if she had uncovered some grave secret.

"No, princess, Orion texted me that you guys were headed home," I admitted.

"Daddy, that's so unfair, I thought you were serious!" She scolded through the phone. I could imagine her pout and furrowed eyebrows so clearly in my mind. It made me that much more eager and impatient to get home.

"How was your day, baby?"

"I have so much work to catch up on," she groaned. "I don't even wanna think about it right now. How was your day?"

"The same old same old. Looking over contracts, babysitting Sylv. The usual. I did hire a PI to look into your case though. He was my last meeting of the day."

"Oh yeah, aren't the police coming later today? And a PI? Do you think that's necessary?"

I parked the car and switched the audio back to my phone. I heard her call out for me during the time it took me to turn off the car and adjust the phone's audio.

"I'm still here. I'm downstairs and had to disconnect you from the Bluetooth. Anyways, they are coming today. And I'm sure they're going to be just as helpful as last time." I added sarcastically.

"Ah, so you proactively hired a PI. Always so reliable." She filled in and mused.

When I reached our apartment floor, I couldn't rush down the hallway faster. I scanned the key and opened the front door.

"Dani?" I yelled. I heard some scuttling and shuffling from inside. Rapid footsteps sounded throughout the living room before I felt something crash into me.

"I missed you," she sighed. I grabbed onto her with one hand and the wall with the other to steady us. I closed my bulging eyes with a huff and relaxed into her.