Chapter 9 - The Gang and the Cave

Magsimula sa umpisa

"That he 's, mah adopted father. He took me in when I had nothin', 'n now I'm a powerful mon, which makes him a powerful mon."

Wow. Well we lucked out.

"I'm sorry for da mixed emotions I must've given ya. No hard feelings, see? If ya need anything, give us a holler, 'n we'll be right there for ya, see?"

"Sure!" Sam replied, obviously feeling relief. "We'll be sure to let you know!"

"Dat reminds me," the Boss said, "where were you two'se headed?"

"Rocket's tunnel." Sam responded.

"Now I don't know 'bout no tunnel, but I do know 'bout a joint called Rocket Cavern. We'll give ya a ride there, free of charge."

After getting our bags back and receiving a few more supplies from what we now knew as the Bagon gang, they set us up on a few large bird Pokémon (I have no clue what kinds they were) then they dropped us off at Rocket's cavern.

After waving them off, Sam, Rou and I all looked at the cave. It wasn't very big, and to call it a cave was almost generous. It was pretty shallow in terms of depth, and it also had a lot of graffiti on it. Next to it was a sign.

"What does the sign say?" I asked Sam.

Sam walked over to the sign and read aloud "Rocket's Cavern. A cave found by a group of explorers over a century ago. They named it Rocket's cavern for an unknown reason, but it is speculated that it had to do with someone the explorers were acquainted with. This memorial is to those unknown explorers."

I pulled out the old book from our bag. I set it down and flipped to the page about Team Rocket's Tunnel. Rou and Sam awkwardly looked over my shoulders as I read aloud. "Team Rocket's cavern. Pos' favorite place. We found it after fighting with some feral meowths, and decided to call it after the comedic bad guys from the Pokémon tv show. In order to enter, you need to solve the riddle: 'What can be launched into space... by a slingshot?'"

I looked at the rest of my team. They looked at me. "What?" Sam asked.

That's exactly what I was thinking. What?

"What'd she say? Come' on, I want to hear!" Rou said, hopping up and down excitedly. He was waiting for Sam to hand him the Elucide pendant.

"Just a sec. Let me think..." Sam said, ignoring the pestering little owl beside him.

As Rou was impatiently waiting for Sam, I thought about the riddle. Because of what the book said, this has to be something from my world. But what could it be? What things do I know that have slingshots in them, and have to do with space?!

"Maybe..." Sam started to question. "Maybe, do you humans use slingshots for Rockets or spaceships?"

"No, we don't..." I replied passively.

Rou seemed to be getting fed up with this. He grabbed the pendant from Sam. "My turn!" He said as he pulled it off of Sam's neck.

"H-hey!" Sam yelped, grabbing the pendant by the string. "Don't! You'll break it!" They started fighting over the necklace.

"Well I want to know what she's saying!" Rou said angrily as he pulled the pendant towards himself.

"But we can share it!" Sam said, tugging it back over to himself. "Just wait a second and we'll share it!"

"But you weren't sharing it before! How do I know you're going to keep your word?!"

"I will! Just let me see it- you're going to break it!"

As I watched this happen, something clicked in my head. "ANGRY BIRDS!" I suddenly yelled out.

We all froze as the ground shook, the rock wall of the cavern trembling. We were shocked when the wall suddenly faded away, leaving a dark tunnel in its place.