Chapter Three- Austin's Curiosity

Start from the beginning

She was mostly left alone with her thoughts, ones of hatred and memories of better times. An event four years ago, made that man hunt her kind worse than he was. Before they would only kill the ones who were going mad, some with blood lust and others with mental illness.

When she heard the door open, she was prepared to take whatever he gave her. Both mentally and physically.

--

Austin could hear the girl’s screams. Even through his dad most likely used a gag on the young vampire, her screams still bounced off the walls and into his room.

He wasn’t blind nor was he has stupid as his brother and dad thought he was, he knew what his dad was doing to the girl. He had seen his dad keep vampires alive for hours, just so he could burn them alive, cut off their wings and pull their fangs out. He had killed children in front of their parents, who had gone mad. His dad called it ‘blood lust’, but Austin called it justified angry. He was thinking about going to the basement.

Josue almost walked in one a ‘training’ season once, and the poor nineteen year old had a lovely bruise on his check. He was trying not to rip the book he was reading in half, he knew his dad was going away soon and wouldn’t be back for a week.

His dad was going to Germany to check out a rumour, the locals thought they saw a vampire. A large male, who was ‘praying’ on their people. They thought that he was the reason people where turning up dead in the forest. It was almost impossible to kill a whole race, but it could be done, like the animals his kind had pulled into being extinct.

Soon, the screams had stopped and Austin left his room. Seeing his dad walking to the front of the house. Drew stopped to look at his eldest son, Jerry was at a friend’s house. “Austin,”

“Yes, dad,” 

“You’re in charge,” he told him, pointing his finger at the young adult “So make sure that no one enters the basement,”

“Of course,” Austin told him and watched him leave. A week or two, without his dad. That meant the poor girl was going to be left alone for a while, without being beaten and tortured. He walked to the basement door, wondering if he should go down and tell her.

She might not want to see the son of the person, who had killed most of her kind and majority of her family. The son of the person who was making her life a living nightmare, one he would never wish on anyone, even his worse enemies.

“Austin, the girl’s a vampire,” a soft voice came from behind him, turning around he saw the cook of the house and one of his cousins. She was small, but not as small as the blonde vampire. She kept her brunette hair to her shoulders. She and Austin had grown up together, since Tamia was born only four months before Austin was.

“Tamia, what makes you say that?” Austin asked while turning the knob of the basement door, only to find it locked.

“I made a key… and Austin, who else would he torture, not humans that’s for sure,” Tamia told him a frown on her face, as she gave him the basement key, and pointed to the first aid kit at her feet “Take this, Drew isn’t known for being kind to them,”