𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘂𝗲

It was a sunny day, the sun shining brightly at the roofs of the buildings in Mondstadt as a certain blond-haired traveler wandered through the landscape around the city of freedom

Aether and his little companion Paimon, were searching for treasures of Hillichurs since they were in need of Mora. Maybe it was the fault of the emergency food that spent all their Mora on dishes, maybe not — who knows.

As the two were recently wandered around Windrise, they came across the big tree — where also one of Barbatos statues was placed, and didn't thought anything about it as they took a short brake.

The traveler leaned against the wood and closed his eyes, just listening to all the sounds of the nature, like the wind, the leafs that were carried with it, some birds chirping, and the sobbing of a little person.

Wait.

What?

Aether shot is eyes open, still hearing the sobbing that seemingly came from behind the tree as he hastily stood up and hurried to the other side of the big tree.

There he saw a little child — maybe around 4 or 5 years old, he couldn't tell. They were silently crying as only a few sobs were heard, nothing more as hot tears streamed down their face.

"Hey, you ok?"

Aether quietly asked, not wanting to scare the little being who perked up at the sound of a voice, now looking at the blond-haired traveler and his companion with glossy eyes.

"Where are your Parents?"

Paimon asked, flying down near the kid who looked at her in awe — most likely because of her ability to fly.

The kid then slowly shook their head, still slightly sobbing as they refused to let out a single word, Aether not even being sure if they could talk since they seemed to not have someone to teach them.

"Do you want to come with us?"

The traveler then asked, kneeling besides the child as a soft smile was plastered on his face.

Clinging on Aether's neck like a sloth, Aether took that as a 'yes' and stood up, supporting the little kid with one arm as he made his way back towards Mondstadt to inform the acting grandmaster — Jean about it, so maybe they could find a home for the kids

——————————————————————————

A/N

Hello there!

Thank you for deciding to read this story :3

The idea just popped up in my head as I was eating cereals ˡᵒˡ

So I hope you will enjoy and if you are bored, check out my other Genshin books <3

See you all hopefully in the next chapter

~ Author-Chan