💫 Lost💫 Edited

Nigeria
2020
_____________

Mermah couldn't believe she slept with her husband body lifeless on the same bed, she couldn't stop her tears as she watch as was taking his last birth.

Her Ahmed innalilahi wah inaillahi rajiuna, from Allah we are and to him we shall return, he look so peaceful as though she could call his name and he could answer with a yes.

It was the maids who help called the family up, they where not even sure if Ahmed was dead or was just sleeping all they heard was mermah loud wail as she fell with a tund right on time the maids walked into the room.

She dialled all the numbers on the landline and the doctor in case of emergency he came right after ten minutes making them wonder how fast he was.

Ahmed was declared death as soon as the doctor came and check up on him, mermah was still yet to regain conscious for she was in no danger zone the doctor informed as soon as both hers and Ahmed family arrived which was shortly after his arrival.

Mermah regained conscious shortly after Ahmed had his last rites, she woke up with a loud wail asking after her beloved husband.

Ahmed mother let a loud hiss hearing the wails from mermah, "aunty shut your mouth, ain't you happy that you successful killed my son for the wealth you acquired"

Ahmed mother existed the room with a loud bang just to show how much of a storm was coming.

Just not to a day after the dismay of her husband mermah thought problems she doubt she can handle alone kept popping.

The rest of the occupants of the room which consisted of Ahmed siblings, mermah best friend iklil and mother sabat passed a sympathetic look her way for they where sure lot of troubles where already knocking her door just how cruel can this world be.

Mermah was summoned to say her last prayer to Ahmed breaking into sob, "why why Ahmed why are you leaving me this soon, I tot we planned on painting the next door for our child your twin" mermah said the last part not helping breaking into sobs.

She remembered her father how she was also asked to come pray for him, was this all her life about who else next to her was going next she thought knowing that death is the hardest reality we all seemed so blind and forgetful of.

"May your soul rest in peace Ahmed I love you so much I love you and am missing you already I Know Allah loves you more that why your going, peace may Allah forgive all your short coming may all your good deeds follow, may your sallah always keep your company"

The body was taken to his final home, the house was pin drop silence as it drawn upon then that indeed Ahmed was gone and never going to come back, mermah fell living lifeless with a loud wail.

_

_

_

_

_

Mermah was bed rest till the day she was due to give birth which was in a week time, she wasn't allowed to even lift a finger, I wasn't even allowed to mourn my husband properly, mermah taught as she gazed out of the window of the hospital room she was never allow out of.

She knows Ahmed was Happy indeed where every he was and she will always pray for him, fresh tear set out of her eyes as she remembered herself always cuddling up on bed with him, now wondering who she will do that with the door of the room breaking ajar intruding her thoughts.

"Ahh how are you feeling Mrs Akbar" the smiling doctor asked as he walked further into the room, mermah gave him a blank expression before turning her face side way.

Doctor Musa was indeed sympathetic with his patients as he was Afraid letting her go will only cause more damage to her health which they won't want.

"Your mother walked some visitors who came visiting earlier" Musa said occupying the sofa that was arrange at the far end of the room with a middle table and a wall tv, a bathing room was situated at the other end of the room. Then the large bed which mermah thought was too big for a hospital bed but it was an expensive one they are talking about at that.

Not liking the muteness from his patient he stood up dusted his over sized coat then left the room like he was never there at first, mermah let a light hiss as she walked back to her bed.

Life was still passing by with her been active to it which saddened her the more, so that only confirmed that Ahmed was really gone from Allah we are and to him we are to return, fresh tears set out of her eyes then a soft sob which drawer the attention of sabat to her mess crying daughter.

She knew losing a loved one was something huge, what her daughter was going through was really hurtful but it won't solve matter in her condition she wasn't supposed to over stress herself.

"Ziyah you have to accept that everything happens for one reason or the other, remember Allah never Burden a soul with what he can't handle. I know it's hard but trust me I know what you are going through because have onces been there but you graving always about it won't bring back the thing or person you lost you have to get back strong"

Mermah sobbed seemed to have subsided a bit, sabat paused took gulp of water from the glass cup she was holding, placed it back then whipped her lips with the back of her hand. Mermah was breathing heavily.

"When I lost your father it was the hardest thing, not even the Lost of his father who was also a father hit me that hard, which I Know in your case wasn't the same. Your father was my everything, my father my mother best friend and also my baby", sabat laughed at that remembering all there bitter sweet memory.

Mermerh accept and took all her mother's words at heart, indeed Ahmed not been alife won't stop a thing not even there child coming to the world.

Edited
Vote
Comment
Share
Pray

Ongoing edition
All rights reserved
Aleeyu Zaynah
21_11_2021