Chapter 8: Trouble Stirs the Army

Start from the beginning

"Do you know how to use a sword?" Phil looked at her quizzically.

"Mhm!" Mellohi nodded vigorously. "I trained myself! I've only ever used a wooden one, though. I don't think my techniques are traditional."

"We can get you some proper training with Techno." He motioned for her to follow, gripping a sparkling purple compass in the other hand. "Come on, little one. We've got a long journey ahead of us." 

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

They traversed mountains, forests, and crossed an ocean. By the time they reached edge of the snowy tundra, the sun had set and risen once again. Phil and Mellohi had taken a break to rest through the night, and when they woke, a light snow dusted the ground. They still had a little ways to go before they reached Technoblade's cabin.

Mellohi shivered, the cold seeping through her clothes. They were made for the chilly weather of L'Manburg, but they were certainly not built for the tundra.

"Cold?" Phil remarked as he saddled his bag onto his back.

"Mhm." Mellohi's teeth chattered.

"Well, get warm soon," Dexter snapped. "We're slowing down up here."

Phil zipped opened his backpack, pulled out a quilt, and tossed it to Mellohi.

"Thanks," the Enderman sighed, throwing the quilt over her head like a cloak. She hunched over, pretending to be holding a cane.

In a faux old woman voice, she murmured, "I'm an old lady! My elbows will be frozen solid by the time we get out of this cold." For added effect, she sniffled, swiping her arm across her nose.

Phil laughed warmly, and Mellohi grinned. She straightened up, the quilt slipping off her head. Phil ruffled her hair lovingly.

"Remind me to introduce you to my wife sometime," he said, a twinkle in his eyes. "Now come on. We still have to make our way across the ice."

The duo made their way to the snow line, a place where the weather seemed to switch abruptly. Mellohi halted suddenly, throwing an arm out to stop Phil as well.

"What is it?" he asked, sounding slightly worried.

"We are adventurers," she informed him confidently. "We are about to cross the border to an ancient land that hasn't been civilized for centuries."

"What?" Phil questioned, amused.

Mellohi took the hybrid's hand, gripping it firmly.

"On three," the Enderman said.

"One."

"Two."

"Three!"

On three, they both lifted one of their feet, and brought it down on the snow. Phil grinned joyously, enjoying Mellohi's child-like innocence.

:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

In the distance, smoke could be seen. An Enderman scream left Mellohi's distorted lips, and she began sprinting toward Techno's home.