Chapter 48| Rebrand

Start from the beginning

Katsuro was 16, turning 17 in December. Dimitri being 17. Leaving Risa as the eldest, 18, just two weeks ago.

"I have to deal with this everyday, Akari," Reo complained in a hushed voice.

"I bow down to you," I joked, holding up my hands.

He chuckled, "That reminded me of something. K tried to make those harden sugar strawberries once and he ended up melting the entire pan. You could guess how shocked the fire department was when they saw it was us pro-heroes that needed saving."

"What a idiot," I laughed along with him. "Shoto could use some of your humor."

"Endeavor's son? The boy with the candy cane hair?"

I hummed in response.

"Alright, we're ready for action," Risa confirmed, an arm hung around River's shoulders.

"Carpet or cloud?" Katsuro asked, looking for answers.

Upon our request, a soft, white cloud held us up with just enough space for the five of us to sit comfortably. We flew relatively high, right above the skyscrapers and with no shadow. I could've flown to UA myself— but what was the fun in that?

"Um guys, there's quite a few birds in front of us. They don't look too friendly," River pulled on my sleeve flap.

Oh shit.

I thought my magnet for trouble would've wore off since I got sent into a coma. America offered me opportunities to become something I never was— average. To blend in with others and live with minimum action except on recuse missions.

Japan seemed to do the opposite.

It fucking offered me a Nomu.

"I wouldn't waste time trying to kill it, just sedate it. Understand?" I commanded, voice firm and clear.

"Yes ma'am!" They replied in sync.

"Dimitri, River, you two are the second pair. While Akari and Reo are on offense, I want you two to make sure none of that creature's attacks touch the students, do what you need to do," Risa pushed out orders while squinting to see the area.

"We're currently about four hundred feet in the air, the boots should be able to handle the jump," Katsuro's voice turned serious before clearly directing to the eldest. "I'll drop you when you're ready."

A cold shiver ran down my spine, at the same time, a cool sensation washed over the right side of my entire upper body and face . While a pair of small, pointy horns sprouted on my head. Black shadowy wings spilled out of my back like knocked over ink.

Everything was enhanced, everything seemed to be taunting.

"We'll be right there with you," Dimitri patted my right shoulder softly.

"Let's go, Akari," Reo pulled down his steampunk themed goggles, his signature screwdriver blade in hand.

I jumped, pulling my wings close to myself as I was a human bullet towards the Nomu. When I could see it's back muscles towering over the students, my blacked out right hand extended outwards for an ancient scythe.