Todoroki, What The Fuck?

The week was so painfully slow.

Was it always this slow? Todoroki wondered, barely following along Present Mic's lessons. He usually didn't have a problem listening, but something about his realization on Friday was stopping him.

He knew he liked guys. He never liked it, but he knew. So, it wasn't that causing his annoyance. Or confusion. He wasn't sure what it was, really, but both words seemed to work well enough.

"Todoroki!" Mic's voice sure snapped the boy's head up. "What does the word "Ladder" mean?"

"Oh." Shoto paused, thinking for a moment before he repeated the word in Japanese.

"Good! You are paying attention."

Todoroki chose to ignore the handful of snickers that got from the class, rather glancing at Midoriya. He could feel the boys bright green eyes burning holes into him. He'd been staring straight ahead the whole time, pretending to ignore it, but couldn't help giving Midoriya a curious look that had him turning his head away.

He seemed flustered, Todoroki noticed, but tried not to think about it. It was bad for his love-stricken heart.

* * * * *

Todoroki was in love. He was so, so in love. It was still so strange to think he could be—after all, his father had never let him be in love. It was nothing but training for his life, all to beat All Might. The man had relaxed somewhat, after All Might had fallen, but the topic of relationships never came up.

Probably because he was gay. He'd never mentioned girls to his dad, so he was sure that—despite all his bravery in combat—-he feared asking. Endeavor, the number one hero, with a gay son. Quite funny, really.

It wasn't like anyone would care. Really, they'd probably be more disappointed that such a pretty face wouldn't be passing his lucky genes onto a child.

Despite being completely zoned out, he nearly snickered. Todoroki's face wasn't even that pretty, if you asked him.

When Midoriya entered the common room, empty except for himself, Todoroki's eyes drifted up to the freckled face.

That was pretty. Round, green eyes that were both innocent and not, cheeks and nose painted with thousands of stars of varying visibility. Soft, fluffy curls that Todoroki so desperately wanted to ruffle. He was beautiful, and Todoroki loved him so much.

After he'd realized it, he couldn't help but want more. He wanted to kiss every freckle and piss his father off with a slightly excessive amount of public affection.

He wanted to tell Midoriya, and he almost had the previous night.

"You know, ever since the sports festival I—"

I've loved you.

The words lingered in his mouth like black coffee, so bitter despite the sweetness the world had described to him.

They never passed his lips. He wouldn't let them. Instead, Todoroki simply bit his lip and went silent until he heard an inquiring, "You what?" from Midoriya. He was quite interested in what Todoroki had to say. He was always like that when it came to Shoto.

Todoroki's thoughts came to a sharp halt, just as he needed to come up with an excuse for his own stupidity. He didn't want to lie, but still danced around his own feelings for Midoriya and instead replaced the cursed words with a simple, "It meant a lot."