𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐇𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Flashlights!" Kiara whispered, telling us all to turn off our lights. I reach over and turned off JJ's headlamp since he appeared to be struggling.

"Okay, so she had motion sensor lights" Pope pointed out the obvious as he looked around at everyone.

"We could, uh, move very slowly maybe?" JJ suggested, making me furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"What?"

"Yeah, that's not how it works, dumbass" I proclaimed, punching the blonde boy's arm playfully.

"Oh, shit let's throw a rock at it!" John b exclaimed quietly.

"What?" We all snapped our heads in his direction. Was he insane?

"Wait, that's actually a good idea" Kiara claimed as she pointed her finger at John b before rolling her eyes. "Let the axe murderer know we're here"

"Throw a rock at it?" Pope repeated, shaking his head in disbelief at the brunette.

"Ok well, you guys got a better idea?" John b inquired, looking around at us.

"Literally anything but that" Kiara confirmed rolling her eyes again.

"What if we sacrifice JJ as a distraction and then we get the gold and high tail it out of here?" I suggested, shrugging my shoulders making JJ gasp.

"That's actually not bad," Kiara said as Sarah and she both laughed.

"Why me?" JJ questioned, turning to look at me with sad eyes.

"Cause you're not the smartest-"

"Hey, hey we don't have to bring my low intelligence into this, okay?" JJ cut me off making me giggle.

"Okay, but seriously what about the breaker?" Sarah spoke up making us all focused our attention on the new member of our group. "In the circuit box on the porch? We used to play hide-n-seek here as kids and if we were brave enough we would go all the way up on the porch. I've seen it"

"Badass" I commented, giving the girl a high five as she grinned.

"No, no you're not going in the house alone" John b argued, shaking his head in disapproval.

"Who said she going alone?" I implored, looking from John b to Sarah giving her a small smile. I was willing to go with her if it meant we would be rich.

"Babe, Crain chops people into pieces" JJ explained, grabbing my wrist. "I would prefer a live girlfriend and not a dead one"

"She what like eighty-five years old, right?" I shrugged as I  looked into his blue eyes. "She's probably died in her sleep just now as we speak"

"I'm coming with you guys" Kiara chimed in as us three girls stood from our spots.

"Yeah, we'll wait for your signal"

"Hey, If you find any dead bodies, take a picture, I want to see" JJ commanded,  handing me his phone.

"How did I end up with you again?" I rolled my eyes as I shoved his phone into my pocket.

"Cause I'm irresistible"

"Right" I nodded before trailing behind Kiara and Sarah who were making their way onto the porch. I jogged up to them as Kiara opened the circuit box.