"Here, Boo." Perth called his son while putting a plate of warm fish and chips in front of Phu.

Perth stared at his only son who was munching on his fries, with his bright eyes eyeing the big clear container beside him which was filled with animal toys completed with plastic fences and trees. He had promised Perth to listen to Mummy if Perth bought the toys for him. Perth sighed gently, couldn't resist to brush his hand against Phu's caramel hair.

"Here," Phu turned his attention to him while thrusting a soggy chips to his father who grimaced but eating it since his son had offered it with a big grin.

"Is it good?" Phu asked him hopefully. "I dip it in the milkshakes."

Perth winced at the taste but nodding his head eagerly. "It's delicious."

Phu giggled at that before resuming his eating, short legs swinging forth and back from his chair. Perth smiled at him before eating his chicken alfredo. They ate in comfortable silence while Phu occasionally laughing at Perth's jokes. Perth also took a few pictures of Phu who couldn't stop giggling. Perth waited until Phu finished his food before going to sit beside him.

"Boo, I wanna show you someone." Perth explained while taking his phone out, smiling when Phu leaned against his side, curious eyes fixated on his phone screen.

"This is your grandma, she's my mother." He showed a picture to Phu.

"And this is your Aunt Sammy who is my sister. They lived in France at the moment since my father's death." Perth tried his best in explaining.

"Pretty," Phu commented while staring at the pictures. "But Grandma Jew?" He asked Perth after a moment.

"Yes, Grandma Jew too. But she's in the heaven at the moment atching over you and Mummy." Perth explained gently, eyes watching Phu's expression closely.

"Mummy told me that too," Phu sighed like an adult while playing with Perth's rings.

"Boo." Perth said after sipping his iced coffee. "Had Mummy told you anything about me?" He tried his luck.

"About Daddy?" Phu stared at him, milkshakes foam formed a mustache above his lips.

Perth grinned at that. "Yes, about me." He confirmed while wiping Phu's lips using a napkin. "Or about Bangkok, our hometown."

"I don't remember Daddy." Phu replied nonchalantly before resuming to drink his chocolate milkshakes.

Perth deflated at that but regained his confidence back. "Do you wanna go to Bangkok? It's where mummy and daddy came from."

"I wanna!" Phu exclaimed, body bouncing happily.

"One day I will bring you and Mummy going back to Bangkok, by airplane. And maybe we will live there." Perth explained carefully.

"I can't wait. I lovee airplane." Phu clapped his hands. "Love you Daddy!" He sighed contently while wrapping his small arms around Perth's waist, cheek against his fathers' chest.

Perth's heart melted at that. "I love you too son," he replied before kissing the top of Phu's head.

"Soon..." he muttered into Phu's hair.

"Oh, but Daddy?" Phu pulled away while holding both of Perth's hands, puppy eyes staring back at him.

"Yes?"

"Baba will come too right?"

Perth cleared his throat before saying grimacely, "Now you must finish your cake Boo."

••••••••

Saint stared at the passing cars on the busy road throughout the car window. The colourful lights that illuminated the night scene in Chiang Mai did nothing to distract his heavy thought. He was aware of Zee's close scrutiny on his face and he felt guilty. Zee squeezed his hand and he squeezed back in assurance with a smile on his face.