I stuffed my hands in my pockets and let out an awkward cough. Up until recently, my mom and Dave have been treating me differently. Even the crew back home barely speaks to me anymore. My mom tried to tell me that it was because I had changed quite a bit since I had gotten signed but I didn’t want to hear that. I read about it though. On Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, some of my old fans said they missed the old me and that I’ve changed and have become self-centered. They told me straight up how they felt and in some ways I respected that but in other ways, I just didn’t really want to hear what they thought about how I was now. I liked who I was. Kind of.

          “Are we ready, then?” My mom asked breaking the silence, clapping her hands on her thighs.

          I bit my lip and nodded. I patted my pockets to make sure I had my phone and my wallet. When I was sure I had them I nodded again. I made my way toward the door when Dave cleared his throat, stopping me. I stopped in my tracks and turned to face him. His eyebrows were raised and his arms were crossed once again.

          “What?” I said, ruder than I intended.

          “Aren’t you forgetting something?” he questioned like it was obvious.

          I twisted my lips to the side and racked my brain for whatever he was talking about. When I came up blank I huffed and slumped my shoulders, giving up.

          Dave threw his hands up in the air in exasperation. “You’re guitar?”

          Oh yeah. I kind of need that. “Right. Get that for me would you?” I said, reaching for the door handle again.

          Dave strides over to the door and slammed his hand on it to stop me from opening it. I grit my teeth and look up at his glowering figure which was now hovering over me. I had put up with him long enough to know not to back down from him because it would just give him the satisfaction. We used to me like brothers-inseparable. Always laughing and joking around. But like I said earlier, he had been treating me differently lately.

          “Can I leave?” I said, enunciating each word.

          He slowly shook his head and pointed in the direction of out room. “Guitar. Now.”

          I clucked my tongue and spun around on one foot, stalking back to my room. I grabbed my guitar case which held my guitar safely inside and made my way back into the living room. Dave was leaning up against the door, but this time my mom was with him. She was pinching the bridge of her nose with her thumb and forefinger and Dave had a comforting hand on her shoulder. Surely I’m not that much of a brat. That’s just how we teenagers are.

          “Mom?” I asked. Sure I acted like a brat just now but I still cared about my mom.

          She shook her head. “Let’s just go.”

          I looked down at my feet and nodded, ignoring Dave’s glare and walked out of the hotel room and down the hall, towards the elevator. We were on the fifth floor so it would take a minute to get to the bottom. I heard the door shut behind me followed by the shuffle of feet which I assumed were my mom and Dave. I didn’t even really pay attention to where I was going; my gaze was focused on the floor. Or at least it was, until I heard a giggle come from behind me. My head shot up and I looked over my shoulder and instead of seeing Dave and my mom, I saw about three teenage girls, holding their cameras and t-shirts in their hands. I offered a smile but kept walking, silently panicking by not having Dave near me.

          “Austin?” one of the girls asked innocently.

          I shut my eyes tight and then reopened them, turning around to face them. They had wide smiles on their faces and their eyes were wide. I smiled as best as I could but it was so fake even I could tell so I let it fall. I didn’t want to deal with them right now. I love my fans, don’t get me wrong but I really just wanted to find Dave and my mom.

          “Hi girls.” I said, causing them to squeal. I had to laugh at that, it was kind of funny the affect I had on girls.

          “Can we get a picture?” a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes spoke up. I had to admit, she was kind of pretty but if I was seen with another blonde, I would never hear the end of it.

          “And can you sign our shirts?” Blondie’s friend added. She had long, brown, curly hair with blue eyes as well but they were hidden behind rectangular glasses. She had a really pretty smile and she seemed like the quietest one of the group.

          “Or is it too much of a bother?” the girl who called my name earlier asked. She had red hair that came to her waist and sparkling hazel eyes. When she asked this, her face fell slightly, making me feel bad.

          I sucked in my breath and plastered a smile on my face. “Of course not! I just have to hurry because I need to be somewhere right now. Speaking of which, have any of you guys seen my mom or Dave?” I asked, going to stand next to the blonde girl.

          “No, sorry.” They said practically in unison.

          I nodded and smiled as Blondie snapped the picture on her camera, handing me a Sharpie so I could sign her shirt.

          “I’m Hailey, by the way.” She smiled at me which I gratefully returned.

          I gave her the Sharpie back and moved to the brunette. She held up one hand in a half heart and asked me to finish the other half. This made me smile; I guess she was an old Mahomie. The heart at the end of my Ustreams used to be a tradition.

          Hailey took the picture and I continued to sign her shirt. She told me her name was Samantha and when I told her it was a pretty name, a hint of blush sprinkled across her cheeks. I quickly finished off taking a picture with the last girl, Shelby, signed her shirt and gave them all a kiss on the cheek before scurrying off. Dave was going to kill me.

          When I got down to the lobby, I saw my mom and Dave looking around, I’m guessing for me. Dave fished his phone out of his pocket and began tapping it furiously. He glanced up momentarily and met my gaze. When he realized it was me, he let out a sigh of relief, putting his phone away. I jogged over to them and was actually about to try to apologize when he held up his hand.

          “Save it. We’re late now, let’s just go.” He turned around and headed toward the door.

          I rolled my eyes at his stubbornness. It’s not like they were going to be mad that I was late, they couldn’t get mad at me. I was Austin Mahone, if I wanted to be late to something, I could be late. So I just shrugged it off and strutted out the door like the superstar I was. 

------------------------------

A/N- This is going to be my little side project while I edit one story and work on my other Austin Mahone story and my Justin Bieber one so bare with me guys, got a lot going right now which probably isn't the best idea lol. My Justin Bieber one is going to continue when I'm done with I'm Over You, Austin Mahone, though so I think I'm alright. But COMMENT AND VOTE <3 Love ya'll!