Road to Wasabi

Rudy's birthday: an event that was worth cancelling all plans and dropping anything important to celebrate the birth of the dojo's sensei. Or well at least to him. Since he's been planning his own party for the past weeks, possibly even more.

Jack entered the dojo to come across it decorated from top to bottom in birthday decorations. He looked around in confusion, completely forgetting the special day.

"You're late," Kim chided to him.

"For what?"

"Rudy's surprise birthday party," Eddie reminded him. Jack rolled his eyes of the constant reminders Rudy "hinted" at them. "Remember? The one he's been planning for himself for the past two weeks."

The lights shut off, signaling Rudy's "surprise" entrance. Everyone gathered around, unamused at their sensei. "He's coming!" Rudy whispered.

And when he walked from the locker rooms, turning the lights on, everyone uttered a bland, "Surprise."

Rudy, being the over dramatic man child he was, put a hand to his heart in faking a heart attack. "How did you know it was my birthday? Are you guys trying to kill me?" He then proceeded to put a hat on that was the shape of a birthday cake. "You better not have brought gifts, but if you did, now would be the time to load me up."

Milton was the first to stand, going to grab his present to Rudy from his locker. Jack had followed him, asking to get in on the gift seeing how he didn't have one to present himself. "Absolutely not. We put a lot of time and effort into this gift." Going back over to Rudy and handing him the gift, "This is from Jerry, Eddie and me."

Inside the box was a roll of toilet paper with jokes on each square. Rudy's mouth dropped. "Joke a day toilet paper, get out! My cousin had this at his house; I literally laughed myself off the bowl. Now, I don't want to make this whole gift thing into a competition, but Kim, it's time to top that gift!"

Jack did the same thing with Kim as he did with Milton, getting desperate. "Forget it, Jack. I've got a winner right here. Unlike some people, I put a lot of thought into this gift. I hope you like it, Rudy."

Rudy tore the paper away, revealing a signed photo of his hero, Bobby Wasabi from his younger days. "A signed picture of Bobby Wasabi? My hero, my idol, the man I patterned my life after? "To whom it may concern, Bobby Wasabi." That's me. I'm whom! I'm concerned! Okay, Asa, lay it on me!"

Asa smirked, knowing she probably out done everyone. Jack scrambled behind the brunette at his last hope. "Tiger, I will be your servant for a day- better yet, a week if you please let me get in on your gift."

She rose a brow. "A whole week huh? Without any complaints?"

"Yes!"

"Hmm." She pretended to look away in thinking, all to crush his last bit of hope. "Nope."

"What?! Why?"

"Because seeing you groveling even better. I call this karma for not listening to me, Skate Rat." Asa handed Rudy the bag, smiling, "Thanks for everything, Rudy."

He flung the tissue paper out, gaping at the gift. Inside was what looked to be an everyday piece of green cloth, but had been the real costume prop from one of Bobby's movies. It even came with a paper of authenticity. "The headpiece that Bobby wore in Nana Was a Ninja?! You got me a piece of film history? How?"

"It wasn't easy. I had to watch the auction site like a hawk to keep the highest bid."

Rudy then took a big whiff, sighing happily. "It still smells like him too!"

They all grimaced and in confusion wondered how he knew what his scent if he'd never met him before. "Alright, Jack, rock my world!" The said boy just sat there, the others crowding around him smugly.