Chapter 6 (Our first meeting)

Start from the beginning

All the memories of previous night came crashing down. Not all of it was a dream. She really did encounter a wolf but she fell unconscious when it's canines were mere inches apart from her face. The second clash was just a horrible nightmare.

She was alive. How was that possible. What happened after she fell unconscious? She had many questions in her mind.

She looked around. The room was foreign to her. She couldn't recall how she ended up here despite thinking hard.

She got out of the bed covers and slipped into the sleepers laying on the side of the bed and slowly made her way to the bedroom door.
The corridor was quiet and empty. She felt like she was the only human being there. It led to a stairway.

She was on the third stair when she saw a handsome hunk in the kitchen. He was having his breakfast. He must be the owner, she thought.

************

And when I was sure that I was the only one in this beautiful mansion, I saw the most handsome man I had ever seen, nibbling on his toast. His hand stopped midway and he looked up sensing me. Our eyes met for a brief moment and I could see a glint in his ocean blue eyes.

I took a step downward but I felt dizzy and couldn't keep up my balance. I missed the stair and the gravity pulled me towards the ground.
I shut my eyes tightly and waited for the impact. It never came.

Instead, I felt myself falling into someone's arm.
I opened my eyes in shock. There was no way he could catch me unless he ran with the speed of a wolf. He was some twenty feets away from where I was.

I was in his arms our face so close that I could feel his warm breath on my cheeks. I pulled back awkwardly. May be I was hallucinating.

"Thank you." I murmured a barely audible thanks.

"Anytime." He uttered in a beautiful deep voice with a smirk.

The thing more beautiful than his voice was his smile. He was like one of the those Greek god sculptures you see in a museum.

'Stop drooling over every stranger you meet Stella' I reproved myself.

That's what staying single for too long does to you.

"Breakfast?" His husky voice interrupted my internal monologue.

"Sure." My tummy was growling for food.

He offered me a chair and went behind the counter. His hands moved diligently. I cast another furtive glance at him when he was busy making the omlete for me. He was breathtakingly good-looking.

I averted my gaze to the right and I could see my reflection in the mirror. Disheveled hair, wrinkled muddy clothes and messed up makeup ughhh I was a hot mess. I felt even more awkward.

"Fret not kitten, you look adorable."

What the hell is he able to read my thoughts.

"No I can't. Anyone can tell that by the expressions you made."

What even is this man.

"You can take a shower if you want, I'll arrange for your clothes." He said with a mysterious smile.

I could only give a small nod in response.

"Here you go sweetie." He slid the tray infront of me.

He slowly sipped his coffee while I devoured my food.

I felt his intimidating gaze on me when I was done.

"It was delicious. Thank you."

"Anything for you hun." He said in a gleeful manner.

Okay before you start imagining your life with him just know that this could be his way of talking. My inner self chided me knowing very well how affection deprived I was.

"Where am I and how did I end up here?"

                     *************

I was on cloud nine. I had finally found my mate. I discovered she was not a werewolf when I brought her home last night. The faint smell of humans I felt was hers.

But who cares if she is a human. She will transition when I mark her. She will not be a human anymore. She will stand with us against her race. My pack can never go against me. I make rules so can I not amend them?

I was in a very cheerful mood today until she asked this question.

Does she know about werewolves? How does she feel about them? Should I tell her she is my mate? There were so many questions in my mind. But as eager as I was , I decided to not rush things. I would go about it slowly.

And why not.... I had all the time in the world. She wasn't going anywhere.