/1/ "Sorry boss, couldn't resist."

Start from the beginning

I could barely see two feet in front of me, the fog was getting thicker. I had to sleep outside, no money for a hotel room; I hadn't been left much, most of it went to running and staying afloat for the past year and a half. I sat up and watched the mist swirl in front of me. I stared, it was like something was moving through it yet nothing was there.

Oh, I get it now

"Stop hiding." I said, surprised how rough my voice sounded, I hadn't spoken in a while, should really try talking to people more...and should probably stop smoking, though I suppose it wasn't like they could kill me...

"How'd you know?" She asked. The mist began solidifying a couple feet in front of me, the fog seeming to clear up just a bit, just so I could see the young girl now fully formed. Her hair was the color of mud, her eyes gray, her white skin close to the color of the fog surrounding us.

"I could see the mist moving, easy enough to notice and put two and two together...I get attacked a lot as you can imagine."

"Oh I certainly can 'Frosty'." She chuckled. I frowned, that nickname still pisses me off.

"How someone like you could have killed someone like him...I will truly never understand it." She shook her head.

"But anyway..."

"Let me guess, come to add to the long list of people who have tried to kill me?" I interrupted. She laughed.

"Glad you're not a complete moron, makes this much more interesting." I just laughed.

"I'm the moron." She frowned at that but said nothing.

"I know you probably won't listen to me, most don't, but..." I rubbed my arm; the black arrow tattoos left on my arm still hurt after all this time.

"Please...go. I don't want to kill you...but if you insist on fighting I fight to the death, less chance you'll try to come back and kill me later."

"What makes you think you can kill me?" She chuckled. I shook my head.

"I thought the first dozen people who tried to kill me ending up dead in a variety of ways would have gotten that question answered. I guess not..." I sighed.

"Come on, you have a beautiful gift...it would be a shame to just let it go to waste like this."

"Ah that's right, twos the limit right? Can't take anymore can you? I've heard rumors you had a second power...and an even darker rumor as to where you got it. Had to make it a set, right Frosty? Had to..." My nostrils flared, I snapped my fingers and shards of ice formed in the air. Jagged pieces hung all around me, sharp, cold, waiting. I stared at her.

"Say another word I kill you now." She just smiled.

"Let's be done talking then." She was suddenly gone, I let a couple shards of ice fly at where she had stood but they simply disappeared into the fog. I looked all around, waiting, watching. Suddenly sharp pain in my leg, I jumped away but she had cut me, the bitch was toying with me...idiot. I kept watching the fog, the slightest movement and I could end her.

"You'll never find me." A whisper in my ear, a ghost in the wind.

"When I'm like this I can't be harmed..." Did I want to drag this out? Or just end it now...

"You can't even see me...I'm right behind you. Or maybe I'm standing right in front of you..."

"No, you're right..." I raised my hand, concentrated, and soon I heard the scream. I looked to my left, she had reformed, her legs frozen together.

"There." I whispered.

"YOU FUCK! HOW..." I shook my head.

"Fog, you stupid girl, is water vapors...and what is it I can do?" She looked surprised, what a god damn idiot. I shook my head.