paris in the rain

song: paris in the rain- lauv!

        rolling his eyes, george let out an exasperated groan. "stop calling me that for the love of-" clay quickly pushed two fingers onto george's lips with a quirked eyebrow, "shhh, the library now. are we suppose to sneak the food in or are we allowed to bring it in?" george grabbed at clay's fingers which was nearly the size his palm, it would be a lie to say george didn't feel a tiny hint of jealousy at the blonde's size. 

        though, he reminded himself that as a ballet dancer, being smaller was probably a more desirable trait to the university's dancing team. "it's this way, we're allowed to eat in the library only if we seat on the designated seats which is in a room there." clay nodded slowly in thought, "what about the printer? could you help me with that, i don't know my log-in information yet. i'm new, in case, you didn't know!" clay singsonged the last few words as if to bribe george into staying any longer. george threw his head back in defeat, walking out of the dining hall with clay skipping behind him.

        clay threw his hand balled up into a fist into the air and bit his bottom lip, overdramatically murmuring about how he had hit the jackpot of a 'tour guide.' george ignored him, hurrying forward, he could hear clay saying something but with frustration, he only responded with an "alright" it was then that he should've listened to whatever the tall man had to say because after walking through a pair of automated doors and hit with a pure smell of coffee from the librarian at the front desk, clay was nowhere to be found. george debated on leaving, he wasn't a babysitter, but he remembered about his meal being held, hostage. 

        george walked back out the door, he began to retrace his steps. muttering under his breath, silently cursing clay with whatever came to mind. "dumb blondes-" a high-pitched giggle erupted from behind a display of ballet awards, the backdrop being a satin cloth. george looked for his name, getting sidetracked before calling in a whisper-shout for clay again. turning to continue looking, he looked at the clock with thirty minutes to spare. about to continue his mental speech about never showing kindness again, clay popped from behind the award display in fashion alike a matryoshka doll. with a large grin with a dimple on the right. his hair bouncing a bit, a few strands out of place, landing in his eye that made him rapidly blink before shaking his head.

        "god i can't stand you. how did you manage to get lost when i showed you where to go. you're an adult, we only have thirty minutes left. hurry up before i go insane please." sensing the obvious annoyance, no longer childish banter, clay's smile faded and opened to reply when an arm threw onto his left arm. pink nails. "oh georgie, clay told me all about that cute little nickname! don't be so mad now! clay was just asking me some questions about the school!" 

   an eye twitch paired with george breathing in and out before fluttering his eyes close and opening them to the image of sophia clinging onto clay. clay was quick to rebuttal, shifting awkwardly, looking between sophia and george who only gestured for him to come. "actually, i'll just finish up this conversation real quick, it'll be totally fast georgie i promise! i-" george had to drag his feet towards the two, grabbing a copy of the meal in the black plastic container, grabbing the plastic bag and putting it into a recycle bean and turning around, walking away.

        "look sophia-" she pouted and tightened her hold onto his arm, making whining noises and clay tried removing his arm, remembering the way george looked at him. "just call me sofie! come on clay, let's just ditch george-" clay shook her off this time, offering an apology, he ran in george's direction. he swore the brunette scoffed quietly before walking away, and he never wanted to be seen in that way again.

        clay had finally caught up to george, attempting to open the glass door open for the door to betray him and open, causing him to fumble in and balance himself in front of a librarian who tried holding in her laugh. george nearly let out a laugh, but quickly covered it up when clay smiled at him. "i saw that georgie! you laughed, you totally laughed-" george sped up, through tall stories of bookshelves that filled with colour, splattering the dull room with beams of the rainbow. "this is the room, there isn't anyone here right now so let's eat. you go ask the librarian for your log in information while i open up our food and grab a book or two." george didn't seem angry anymore, which was excellent since the image of him glaring was particularly intimidating. that had been possibly a little adorable but clay was going to keep that to himself, locked up in a little lightbulb of memories.