t w e n t y f i v e

Start from the beginning

"Let me meet that man." But if you would be happier with this unknown person that you were speaking of then... 

"All right. I would bring him home tomorrow after class." You heaved out a sigh inwardly. If things were to be put into their rightful place, then you wouldn't have to worry anymore. Yet if things didn't go according to plan, your father might place you into a marriage with Takuma, which would obviously be better than living in anguish with Yukio. 

If only you were given a choice, then you would've said that you didn't want to be married at all if possible.

"You are dismissed. You may go now." With that. you stood up and exited his office, before heading to where your bedroom was built. Right now, you just wanted to sleep all the stress away. And if you were lucky, this might've been just a nightmare you could wake up from.
.
.
The next day.
.
.

You were dropped off at your school when the sun was at its lowest. Everywhere you looked, darkness was there. It was as if the whole place was engulfed with darkness aside from your school's establishment which had its lights turned on, assumedly because of the teachers since they were obliged to go to this institution much earlier than their students for preparations.

As you entered the establishment, you couldn't halt yourself from shivering because of the aura this school emitted. Although the lights were on and surprisingly, there were a few pupils that lingered nearby, you still felt like there was something wrong. Like something ominous was about to-

"Good morning," a voice whispered, so close to your ears that you sensed the hair from the back of your neck rising due to the sensation.

"Shit!" You turned around, and when you saw who it was, you told your older self that this was the reason why everything felt eerie.

Because here he was, the devil's incarnate right in front of you, smiling like he didn't do anything wrong that would be the cause of your suffering. Narrowing your eyes at Yukio, you snarkily said, "Welcome back." There was a hint of venom from your way of speaking that Yukio felt his eyebrows twitching at seeing how much you had loathed him.

You had walked ahead of him, not wanting to be seen near a man as vile as the brunette who had come to surprise you in the worse way possible ever known to mankind. Nevertheless, with his long legs, he was able to catch up to you in less than a fraction of seconds.

"Guessing from your reaction, I presume that you didn't miss me from a week-long of absence?" You clicked your tongue, trying to ignore him as much as possible. Why was he acting like the two of you were the best of friends?

"So you're still irked because of our sudden engag-" You turned around as fast as you could that you were shocked that you didn't lose your balance. Mustering the most terror-inducing glare, you sent it at Yukio, only to see that he wasn't affected much. In fact, you could see the blush coating his cheeks--

"Not a word," you had cut him off. Now stopping in your tracks because right in front of you was the club room for Journalism. Opening it, you had motioned with your hands for him to come in, and he did, before immediately closing the door. "Isn't it a gentleman's job to open the door for his lady?" Yukio jested and you hated him for that. He was taking this situation so lightly like he knew everything was final and you wouldn't be able to escape from his invisible hold on you.

"Cut the crap, Yukio. Us? Marriage? Just imagining the two of us in front of the aisle makes me want to gouge my eyes out," you growled out with your arms crossed and teeth gritted so hard that it might as well break into little pieces. "I don't understand why you would be so aggravated by this. I'm Yukio Lovelle, the son of a duke and the most eligible bachelor you could ever think of," he looked so confused and it would be so satisfying for you to do what you did to Clementine just to see that look wiped off his face.

"You know what's wrong? You. How the hell did your family even became acquainted with mine?" It was taking all of your willpower to not snap at him because it would only backfire. "Hahahaha! That? It was so easy! I had asked my father what was needed for him to contact Duke Ross and get him to agree to our engagement and all I had to do was to attend a few parties here and there and make connections!" He broke into a fit of laughter.

"It was so easy... Too easy that I thought it was not enough to show what I was fully capable of just to show my love for you. But needn't you worry, I guess I'll make up for it after our wedding ceremony?" Yukio was now sat atop the table right in front of the room. 

This talk was getting nowhere and it was only serving as proof that it was actually possible for you to detest a person so much. 

Your hands were now clenched into fists, ready to pounce on the door and both the other person in the room as well. You parted your lips to speak but was interrupted with Yukio going in before you did. "Are you going to say that you will be able to convince your father to not go through with the betrothal? With what? That mere, laughable transferee?" Yukio's mirth was so obvious.

"So what of it? I will do anything just to have the idea of this espousal be thrown on the trash bin." 

"Then be my guest," Yukio got up from his position before heading to you, your back now in close contact with the door as he used an arm to cage you in. You stood your ground, eye-to-eye with his purple optics.

"Just know that I will never let you go." He said those words with so much certainty, accompanied by that sickening smile of his. And his eyes...

"Why did I even think that I would be able to hold a decent conversation with you regarding this matter?" You succeeded in pushing him away from you before opening the door without a word. 

You never thought that you would be scared of someone like Yukio so much, yet as you walked through the hallways, the look of his eyes haunted you. They looked at you with so much adoration, but there was something more... something that you had already pinpointed...

They looked like they were devoid of sanity.