Hide and Seek

"Darling, it's dark!" I hear my girlfriend scream while trying to look for me. We're playing hide and seek, but even though I love her, she's terrible at this game. Maybe I'm just too good because she hasn't found me in almost an hour. It was her idea to play in the forest.

"You're going to get caught by monsters or even kidnapped by fairies," She tries to lure me in using the myths when we learnt as kids.

"If fairies kidnap me, I'll become their queen, no I'll become their king... Yes, a king. It sounds so powerful!" I twirl, imagining myself in a suit being introduced to the fairies. Maybe I get to change my name or they'll think of me as a superhero or mythical creature. I twirl and bump into my girlfriend, I completely forgot about the game.

"Nope, I won't let you because you'll be my queen forever, I live to serve you, your majesty," She curtseys and stretches her hand to me. I take it and she twirls me around and rocks me from side to side. Feeling peaceful, I close my eyes and lay back on her chest.

She whispers in my ears, "there's a reason I wanted us to come here," quickly she pulls me up the hill the forest was at the foot of. "Are you going to tell me or?" I say confused.

"You'll find out soon" she shouts and pulls me even harder up the hill. Then she covers my eyes using a blindfold. I'm about to say something, but she beats me to it. "We are not having sex on the hill." I laugh in her face and tell her I love her.

After a few minutes of walking, she removes the blindfold and tells me to look up. I look at her, surprised and confused because we could have watched the moon from our room. I ignore my thoughts and smile at her. It was still sweet. "A pink moon for my queen" she kneels down and brings out a ring.

"Will you be my queen forever?"