One - Masquerade Ball

One- Masquerade Ball

Damon takes a seat next to Melina in the Salvatore Mansion living room. She was cuddled with a blanket reading a book. She turns to Damon with a quirked eyebrow.

"Can I help you?" She asks, marking her page with a bookmark knowing that a talk with Damon wouldn't end up with her happy.

"We are going to a ball." He states. Turning to her.

"What? Are we in a Cinderella movie?" Melina questions, confused.

"The masquerade ball at the Lockwood's. We are going to kill Katherine." He says, ignoring her comment.

"No."

"Good thing I didn't ask, Psycho Queen." Damon insists on calling her that awful nickname. Melina goes to speak but Damon interrupts. "Don't worry about a dress, I already got you one since I knew that you would put no effort."

Melina pulls an annoyed look knowing there was no point arguing with a brick wall. Damon pulls out a shopping bag and drops it on his best friend's lap. Normally Damon wouldn't care but he has a special place in his cold, dead, vampire heart for Melina. He cared for her even if he wouldn't admit it.

"Ugh," Melina lets out a groan. "Fine, but when this plan goes to shit don't blame me."

"Be ready by eight!" He calls out to her in accomplishment as she walks back to her room at the mansion.

She enters the light colored room and drops the bag on her bed. She picks out a red dress from the bag. Damon annoyingly has good fashion taste. She sets it on the bed and checks the bag for a mask which it has. A slight brighter colored mask with gems plastered on, emerged.

She sets it on the side next to the dress and goes to check the time. It was around four meaning Mira would be home soon so they could get ready together. Melina walked into the bathroom to take shower.

Mira was Melina's 'person'. She was the one who has been there for her, her entire life. Since her father has been training her. She would bring her chocolates and candy. Since Melina had never gone to school, Mira would take the responsibility of making Melina happy. Mira had always had that ability. To make someone feel good. She managed to use that on Melina's father in order to spend time with her.

Mira was the cool breeze on a hot summer day. She was a sugar rush, a ball of sunshine. In the past, Melina always taught Mira self defense and how to overpower a vampire for her safety. She had always tried to push her away to protect her. Being a well known hunter gave her many enemies but instead of allowing her, Mira stayed by her side.

No matter how much her father breaked her, Mira was there to piece her back together. No matter how many nightmares she got, Mira sneaked into her room and soothed her, falling asleep next to her. No matter how many times she messed up, Mira helped her fix her mistakes. They were sisters, protecting each other through everything.