"Dunno. Guess I didn't feel like people today".

It really wasn't the answer Harry expected, but the dismissive tone clearly states that Louis doesn't want to talk about it, so Harry keeps the tone light, as he answers with mock offence.

"Guess I'm not people then". He is a bit relieved when a small smile tugs at Louis' lips.

"You don't count".

"Gasp. I'm offended!". A bigger smile this time - probably from the overly dramatic pretend gasp, and when Louis answers its way more teasingly than earlier.

"You should be".

When Harry laughs and returns to humming along to the radio, Louis' eyes return to the road for good, but his mouth crinkles slightly upwards, and his knuckles are no longer strained.

They drive a bit in silence, Louis being the one to break it as he hesitantly says, "Um did you tell Niall and Zayn about, you know, us?"

For a second, Harry panics and contemplates whether he should lie or not but decides on the latter. "Yeah I-... I did. Are you not okay with them knowing because I could..." Louis luckily cuts him off before Harry gets into full on rambling mode - he didn't even know where the sentence was going - and Louis quickly shakes his head. "No no. It's fine. Was just curious is all." The answer is genuine enough, and the ball of anxiety assembling in Harry's stomach dissolves.

"Niall gave it away, didn't he", Harry grins, and Louis soon joins him.

"Yeah, he's really not discrete with his squeaking every time we're within close distance of one another".

All tension seems to be gone from Louis as they keep on driving, stopping at a McDonald's to pick up fries and milkshakes, Louis insisting on paying as he was the one insisting on skipping school.

Louis turns down a small and bumpy road, before parking the car on the edge of a flowery field where they share the fries.

Harry's milkshake is banana, and Louis is drinking chocolate that he only lets Harry taste when the younger boy pulls out his puppy eyes and makes grabby hands for Louis' cup.

"You're a literal baby, Haz", he laughs, yet accommodating to him and handing him the chocolate shake.

They spend a long time parked in that spot, talking, eating and laughing, Louis' hand eventually finding its way to Harry's hair, slowly nuzzling it between his fingers as he tells a story about particularly annoying teacher of his, Harry almost in tears of laugther when Louis describes the shenanigans, he would pull to piss her off.

All of this doesn't really help with the whole butterfly-mess, but Harry can't bring himself to care, not even when Louis once again starts driving, this time headed towards Harry's house.

"It was nice of you to ditch class with me, Harold," he smiles, as the car comes to a halt in front of the empty house, and Harry decides to be a bit bold, wanting to show Louis that he appreciated the day too. And maybe, just maybe, to kill the butterflies with a reminder that it's just sex, nothing more.

"I had fun. But um... Nobody is home and Liam doesn't get out of school for another two hours..."

He leaves the sentence hanging in the air, but Louis understands immediately, smirks and parks the car entirely. As the walk towards the house, Harry grabs Louis' sleeve to make him hurry, suddenly very eager to get inside.

Hurriedly their shoes are shoved off as they enter the house, and Harry continues to lead Louis through the house, only stopping when Louis stands still for a second, dragging him into a sloppy kiss.