Chapter 1: The Truth

Start from the beginning

“You know when you were thirteen and you came to me and asked what you are?” He laughed nervously.

“Yeah.” I asked. I was now officially confused.

“Well. You and I. Are well. . . not normal.” He took a sip of orange juice.

“What do you mean!? Spit it out!” I growled.

“Where werewolves, sweetheart.” I laughed. He’s got to be joking. Then he looked up and his eyes showed that this was no joke. I stop laughing admittedly .

“My father didn’t really die in a car crash did he?” I asked.

He took my hands in his. “No he did not and  your mother didn’t die giving birth to you.”

“Why did you lie to me?” I said tears threatening to escape.

“I thought it was for the best.” He looked at me his blue eyes showing sadness.

“Then how did they die, Uncle Louis?” I asked as a tear rolled down my face.

He wiped it away. “Hunters killed them. Your mother died a month before him. The Kingdom of Werewolves was under attack. I escaped with you and your father stayed back to help.”

“Kingdom of Werewolves?” I asked

“It’s a magical world. The castle and village nearby got destroyed. Our kind never went back. Then set up a village south of it. As far away.” He took another bite of breakfast.

“Can  we go to meet them?” I smiled.

A sickly color came to his face. “Don’t think it’s a good idea.” Zeus barked trying to back me up. “Shut up, Zeus! You’re not helping!”

I laughed. “Why not? It’ll be fun.”

“I know someone there.” He picked up his plate and brought it to a sink.

“Is it a girl?”  I grinned.

“Maybe.” He washed the dish.

“Did you love her? Or do you still love her?” I hopped on the counter.

“You’re asking too many questions.” He walked away from me into the living room.

“Hey! Don’t walk away from me!” I walked into the living room grabbing a pillow of the couch. I threw it at his head. “Answer me.”

Next thing I know I was knocked on the couch and getting tickled. I was laughing like crazy. “And what if I don’t? Huh?” He smirked.

“I’ll think of something!” I said in between laughs. I moved my feet to his chest pushing him away with all my strength. “Please tell me Uncle Lou.” I pouted out my lip. It always works, he can’t stand it.

Louis sighed. “Fine. Yes I liked her.” He sat next to me.

“Then why don’t you want to go back, huh?” I curled up next to him, resting my head on his shoulder.

“I don’t know, Sass. I’m nervous what if she hates me?” Louis called me be my nickname.

“I need this. It will be good for me. Besides it will be good for you. And it’s impossible for someone to hate you.”

He smiled. “Okay. I’ll call some friends and have our stuff  moved to the  Blackrose village. Let’s pack or stuff. We will leave tonight, Sass.”

I kissed his cheek. “You’re the best!” I ran to the stairs. “Zeus! Come boy!” Zeus ran toward me. More like a hops though. “Why is it called Blackrose?” I asked, curious.

“The king’s last name was Blackrose.” Uncle Louis suddenly looked depressed. I just wanted to get out of here. I picked up Zeus and started to go up the stairs. “Sass?”

“Yeah?” I turned around to see that Uncle Louis was back to normal. That puzzled me.

“Keep that piece of junk dresser here.” Louis smiled.

“Way ahead of you!” I smiled back. I packed clothes, shoes, hair brush, my lavender body wash, shampoo and conditioner. The little makeup I have, Uncle Louis says I don’t need it.  Zeus toys, dog bed and shampoo. Just things I needed to last me for awhile until Uncle Louis friends bring the rest of our stuff.

                                 ***

We took a plane from Orlando, Florida to Jasper, Tennessee. Louis rented a car and then we went to Forbidden City. A Chinese restaurant Uncle Louis and I love Chinese. I order Sesame Chicken and Uncle Louis order Sweet & Sour Chicken and Lo Mein. But I told him he had to share. After that we ditched the car and head for the woods.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“To the entry of the Realm of the wolves.” Louis glanced pack at me.

“Oh. Where is it?” I asked.

“Why don’t you see for yourself.” Louis smirked at me.

I didn’t get it at first but then I saw a big water fall it shimmered and rainbow color. I gasped and Uncle Louis chuckled at me. It was so beautiful, butterflies are everywhere. A few butterflies went right into it and disappeared. “Let’s go Uncle Louis!” I pulled on his arm but he didn’t budge.

“There are some things you need to know before we go.” His icy blue eyes looking straight into my eyes. “Don’t refuse. You can wait just a little while longer, Sass.”

I huffed. “Fine.”

Louis rolled his eyes at me. “Okay. Well things are different there. There are things you have never seen before.”

“Like?” I raise an eyebrow at him.

“Like. . . Zeus can talk and you can talk back to him.” I looked down at Zeus who just chocked his head at me. “We share the same world with Fairies, Griffins, and Nymphs of all kinds, Pegasus, Unicorn, Centaurs and Vampires.”

“Vampires? Really I though Werewolves and Vampires are enemies?” I asked. I was happy and a little scared when I was little I always wanted to see fairies, Unicorns and some of the other beings that Uncle Louis listed, but not vampire’s I have always be scared of them. I don’t know why I just am.

Louis sighted. “That’s a myth. The magical beginnings and werewolves have reunited after the Kingdom of Werewolves was distorted.”

“Oh. That's great I guess.” I faked a smiled. “So. . . If I go through that waterfall will I get wet?” I looked at the gorgeous waterfall again.

“No.” That all I need. I walked on rocked carefully tiring not to slip to the waterfall. I looked at Uncle Louis for reassurance. He nodded. I smiled then stepped through it. I felt a freezing chill go through my body sending chill throughout my body. It wasn’t an  uncomfortable feeling but not a comfortable feeling either. Everything looking white, fogy and bright. Then I came out and saw the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen. The ground was cover with lush green grass and beautiful flowers of all colors. The trees were so tall maybe hundreds of years old. The sky was a beautiful purple, pink and orange color clear with no clouds. It was getting late. “Look at it Zeus! Is it beautiful?” I asked.

“Um… yeah! Look at all the birds I can chase!” Zeus responded. I just stared at him. “Wait! You heard me?” He cocked his head.

I nodded. “Can’t believe my own dog is talking to me.” Zeus actually had a cute voice a little boy voice.

“You’ll get used to it.” Uncle Louis said, putting a hand on my shoulder. I followed Uncle Louis to the village. I could see peek of a house on top of a hill. As we got closer the more I got nervous.