Chapter Thirty-One

Start from the beginning

"But we're strangers to her." Mason nodded thoughtfully. "I get it. I was there when Papa had his attacks. I'll make sure to not touch her until she gets to know me. We all will."

"She's afraid she'll embarrass me when it comes to my family because of her phobia."

"We understand it better than most."

"I know, but it's stressing her out. No one but Kade really understands because he saw it firsthand."

"I'll call Vik, Conner, and Dimitri to make sure..."

"Dimitri knows. I told him back in Boston right before Angel was taken."

"Awesome. You said something about dinner?"

Nikoli laughed. Leave it to his baby brother to remember food. The kid ate more than all of them.

"Go put your stuff in the first door at the top of the stairs and get cleaned up while I collect Lily Bells."

He walked with Mason up the stairs but kept going to the door at the end. He found Lily sitting on the bed, her fingers twisting the bedspread like she used to do back when they first met. She was that nervous.

"Hey, dushka."

"I'm sorry," she blurted.

"Sorry?"

"I ran away instead of staying and talking to your brother."

"Mason's fine. He's more worried about getting food into his bottomless pit of a stomach than you. He's going to stay the night here with us."

"He is?" She frowned, clearly thinking exactly what he'd assumed she'd be thinking.

"Mama is a cock blocker."

"What?" The first hint of a smile graced her lips.

"Mama sent him here to make sure there was no sex before we get married tomorrow."

"Is that so?"

"She's devious."

"She is." Lily nodded. "There will be no sex for you tonight."

"Fuck. Lily, I already have blue balls, and if you make me go all night and all day tomorrow..."

"Then you'll just have blue balls. I'm not having sex with you while your brother can hear us!"

Just like he thought she'd react. Fuck.

He'd said the word "fuck" more times in the last hour than he had in weeks. Lily wasn't that big on cussing, and he found he curved his language around her, but damn. He didn't expect to be cock blocked by his own mother the night before his wedding.

He should have, though. His mother was a very religious woman. If it had been up to her, they'd all be virgins on their wedding day.

Just the thought made him cringe.

"Fine, dushka, but you're going to make this up to me."

"Am I, now, Mr. Kincaid?"

"Da, soon-to-be Mrs. Kincaid. I bought new toys we're going to put to good use on our honeymoon."

"Toys?" Her eyes went a little wide. She loved toys as much as he did, much to her astonishment.

"Da, beautiful girl. Now, let's get Mason and go pick up Adam. If I'm not getting sex, I want food."

***

They decided on something simple since none of them wanted to risk gas before the wedding. It would be just Lily's luck to end up farting her fanny off as she stood before all their friends and family at the altar. Breakfast for dinner was agreed upon, and they found themselves at a little diner called Mae's across from New York University. Lily suspected Nikoli chose the place because Mason would be attending here next year, and he wanted the kid to have a decent place to find food.