What Is A Lie?

(My apologies if you can't interpret the adhesive wording that may or may not reside within this chapter, I know it may not appear to be as such but I do like to assume that I have a extraordinarily extensive vocabulary. Anyways, keep reading!)

I come up with a plan quicker than I can fathom.

I get up and face Shoyo.

"Okay Sho, you need to take this seriously. I need you to go into my closet and find the book of contacts. Then on page 37 contact the first number that you see, alright?"

He nods his head. "What're you going to be doing?"

"Trying my best not to screw up."

"What's the big deal? After you got that text, you've been really on edge."

I try to explain as I get ready for the day. "My dad is a very important person in the higher ups. He goes overseas for business and he used to be in the marines, and the air force. He just retired and is now focused on his business."

He starts getting nervous. "Don't worry, he won't disapprove of you and me or anything like that. He just needs everything to be perfect all the time."

"What do you mean?"

"Growing up, he taught me to be a prodigy at anything he sought was important. He says that if it isn't perfection then it holds no place in our world. That being said, if our family isn't perfection, then we have no place in his world."

I look at him.

"Well? Call the number!"

"Oh right!" He quickly goes and gets the number out of the book as I get ready to head out.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"I'm going to get our house ready." He looks at me confused.

"This is my mothers house. My father's house actually meets his expectations." He's still confused. "Let's put it this way, if this was his neighbors house, he would pay to have it demolished and personally pay to have a grand new house rebuilt so that his neighborhood was perfect."

I can tell that me telling him more about my father is getting him really nervous, but I can't help it!

Even I get nervous around my father...

After 2 weeks (I apologize, i'm just lazy ;-;)

The last two weeks have been a nightmare. I've been running around everywhere getting things ready AND I haven't gotten to see Shoyo at all.

The number I had asked him to call belonged to the same person that taught me as a child what to expect when being around my father. Shoyo is never rude or disrespectful to elders, but I think he could brush up on his sophistication.

I haven't been allowed to see him.

The "teacher", Ms.Henjine, said that if he saw me, all of his training would go in the trash.

It's 10:00 in the morning and my dad's plane and car should get him here at about 10:25.

I start pacing around the common room. I look around the room and realize that pacing around the room won't do anyone any good. I go up to the main hall that faces the stairway. I know it's a little much but, it's either the very best or it's not good enough (To quote my father) . I see a pitch black car drive up to the house and stop, dead center to the front door. I see my father step out of the car but he's not the only one.

Sho?!

He's dressed in a suit and looks....really nice.

really nice