• T W E N T Y • O N E •

"This is fucking stupid!"

"Dude, literally this isn't about you, can you fucking suck it up for one goddamn minute?" Austin crossed his arms at Tristan who was waist deep in an eight foot long hole.

"Minute? It's been two hours!"

"Guys!" I snarled at the two boys bickering and they both looked my way.

"It's fucking six in the morning, please, please shut the fuck up." I huffed deeply and walked around the upcoming grave site.

"This is a very important day, maybe not to you but for Dinah. Give her this one thing, fuck. Stop being so goddamn selfish for once." I just tiredly sighed at the boy in the dirt causing Austin to look at him as well.

"Or I'll put you next to him." Austin threatened and before Tristan could get all riled up again, I yelled.

"Shut the fuck up!" I groaned out causing my voice to echo through the field.

My head tilted to the sky which was slowly turning into different colors as the sun peeked out by the minute. Man, I was tired. I had slept only a few hours, my heart wouldn't stop pounding at the fact Lauren was literally molded to my body. I could still feel her lips linger on my skin and my brain just wouldn't shut off. Then when I finally did get some sleep I was woken up by Austin softly tapping the door. I didn't blame Lauren for being completely dead to the world, she was up longer than any of us the previous day. I only got up because I didn't want anyone disrupting her.

His sudden worry of the funeral had gotten him up and he couldn't wait to get this going. His anxiety was high and the urge to really take care of this ceremony overtook his senses. Dinah meant a lot to us, obviously, but he just couldn't shake the feeling that if anything went wrong today he'd be at fault for not stepping up. Then he woke me up because he couldn't necessarily go to anyone else without actually talking about his emotions. He didn't like to get serious. He was never serious. Austin had always tried to be the life of the party anywhere he went.

"I'm gonna get you guys some water. Please don't kill each other, this is not about you two today." I huffed as I started to walk off from the grave site and Austin continued to shovel with Tristan.

I didn't fully understand why he made Tristan get up with him, I honestly didn't want him or Connor anywhere near this group. I should've left them back with Brad and James- it was a mistake on my part and now we were stuck with them until they tried anything; and who knew how long that would last. Peace never lasted. At least not for us. I knew keeping them around would only be a ticking time bomb, why would they forget what I did to their closest friends? It was honestly the only thing that would keep me up at night. They could hurt the people closest to me.

My head down, my eyes focusing on each step I made; my feet moving across the moisture slicked grass and then amongst the pavement. The weather was perfect at this hour and at this time of year, not humid but warm, yet also cooled down. I could sit on my porch and let life slip away if the entire day was just like this moment in time. It felt like peace.

-

Coming back to Dinah's house and only seeing Hailee, Normani, and Ally up and around the kitchen. The sight in front of my eyes indicated they were trying to clean up as much as they could before anyone else woke up. Especially Dinah. They had quite a few trash bags full of food that had gone bad within the fridge and around the areas that the group were laying around. Having over nine people stay in one house was bound to get a little messy and cluttered.

After telling them all that has been going on for that past couple hours they immediately brought up formalities. What would we wear? How would we transport everyone? Would anyone take watch over anything for the time being? In that time discussing what I could only do right now they were immediately on board on our first task at hand.