Chapter 3; School

The story will finally begin to get longer, and sorry for taking so long! :(

Melody's eyes snapped open, and she gasped for breath as she recalled what she believed had been a dream. She rubbed her temples and her breathing slowed, enough so that she could think straight.

Melody remembered it being very real, but it had to have been a dream, because Pokemon didn't exist- right?

"Melody! Wake up! It's time to get ready for school," Melody's mother called from the kitchen.

Melody rolled out of bed and changed out of her pajamas, slipping on a simple tee-shirt and some jeans. She pulled on a pair of socks and her old, worn tennis shoes.

Then Melody brushed her teeth and rushed down the stairs. She caught a whiff of the most delicious aroma wafting from the kitchen, and ran even faster.

Melody skidded into the dining room and snatched up a plate of blueberry pancakes with a side of bacon. She wolfed down the bacon and devoured the pancakes in a hurry before grabbing her backpack and blasting out the door.

She just caught the early morning school bus with minutes to spare!

***

Melody hopped off the bus and glared at the building before her- school. She trudged through the front doors and walked slowly to her class room, Ms. Bruan's 4th grade class.

Melody stepped into the room and sighed with relief- there was no pop-quiz waiting for her.