You're really clingy when you're drunk

When they went back to the living room with everyone else Sharon was talking about the new Captain America. Sam gave Y/N a knowing look as she and Zemo went to sit down.

Y/N quickly entered herself into the conversation. "Here we go again with your political theories. How did you work for the government for so long when you are so obviously anti-government," she teased Sharon.

"Oh shut up you're the one who doesn't pay taxes," Sharon quickly replied. It was nice that after all the years apart, they still had the same friendship.

"I don't understand them," Y/N complained.

Sharon laughed wholeheartedly. "How am I just now noticing nothing about you makes sense?" she exclaimed, genuinely interested. She was an agent for years, she knew when something was up.

"Because I'm good at my job." Y/N didn't want her to know what she did because she worried it would change their relationship. Sharon was one of the first and only friends she had made when she got her first taste of freedom from Hydra.

"And what is that?" Sharon continued with the questions, not satisfied with her half assed answers.

"It was an assassin and then it was a spy and now it's retired," she explained in minimum detail, trying to be as inconspicuous as possible.

Sharon raised her eyebrows at that answer, knowing it wasn't the full truth. "You're telling me more later, but right now I'm about to have a party downstairs," she said.

Y/N stood up from the couch, anxious to stop talking about this. "Well then, lets go."

Earlier Y/N had been resigned to playing the clingy fiance. But now she was allowed to be whoever she wanted. So why did she feel so inclined to stay by Zemo's side? She pushed this feeling aside and went to talk to an interesting looking guy. They talked for a while about whatever, she dodged most of his questions. Her gaze kept drifting back to Zemo who was actually dancing, even though he was painfully bad at it.

Her attention snapped back when the guy in front of her spoke, "You wanna go somewhere quieter, babygirl."

She did not want to go somewhere quieter, at least not with this guy. He was good looking for sure. He had been okay to talk to, but she didn't really feel any connection to him. He looked very interested in her though. She thought of how to let him down. When she saw Zemo making his way towards them, she thought of a plan.

"Um, I'm so sorry. I'm actually engaged," she told him loudly, hoping Zemo would hear her. She waited for him to come and save her from this awkward encounter.

"Who's the lucky guy?" he asked, skeptical of her story.

Finally Zemo was there, immediately understanding what he was supposed to do. "Me."

He stood behind her, wrapping his arm around her waist. He nuzzled his face into her neck and she shivered. The man just stood there awkwardly so Zemo started to press kisses into her shoulder and neck. She held back a gasp at his bold actions. The man eventually got uncomfortable and left but not before saying goodbye, "Well, it was nice to meet you."

"You too, sorry about him. He gets clingy when he's drunk." Y/N hastily apologized to the man.

"Aw did I embarrass you in front of your new friend," Zemo teased, spinning her around to face him.

Not really looking for another awkward encounter Y/N spent the rest of the party drinking with Zemo and judging people.

They were playing a game where one person pointed out two people who were involved in some way and the other one had to guess what their story was. "Okay okay blue dress and buzz-cut have been staring at each other from across the room for the past ten minutes, what do you think their story is?" Y/N asked.