𝐎𝐧𝐞; 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐖𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐍𝐨𝐭

Start from the beginning

Her obsidian eyes peeled wide open, tears that had stained throughout her face were still left, she used her hand to smudge it off of her face. Again wanting to forget everything she felt last night. To have every reminder of what happened within these four walls to be erased from existence. -- She let out a sigh. Her voice still trembling.

Katherine sat behind the wooden oak vanity, brushing through her coarse and wispy hair. She had a blank stare painted across her face. She seemed unsettled, her body trembling to even speak. - She sat up, plastering a smile.

Rushing through the estate's halls. Barely looking up to see all the portraits that brought her an uneasy feeling that ran down her spine.

She had already been dressed head to toe in her Hogwarts robes, ignoring the juvenal yet resplendent September weather.

Her black dress shoes made a clunk every time she took a step, she was in a scurry. Eager to make it Diagon Alley nonetheless 9 ¾ .

September 1, 1995 - 9 ¾

Trolleys seemed to be crowding the entrance boarding the train. Parents lined up, wishing their children safe travels, telling them how much they'd miss them for the remaining months till they'd return home.

September had settled over Scotland fields, with it came the grasping winds

September had settled over Scotland fields, with it came the grasping winds. The wind blew through Katherine's hair as she stood in front of 9 ¾ . An unfamiliar feeling overtook Katherine. The train was only minutes from taking off and heading to Hogwarts. She was already shaken up with what had happened over the summer. Having to see her friends after what happened, how the truth was out.

She boarded the train slowly, the air filled with the crisp smell of carefully crafted goods. Smoke seemed to appear from all corners and edges of the train as it was taking off. -- From the corner of her eye she spotted her friends already waiting for her.

"Katherine! We'd thought you'd never come!" Greeted Daphne with an affectionate smile, her golden locks swung below her shoulders.

Katherine gave her a sham smile, her sunken like face made her cheeks stand out along with her withering expression as she waved a hello to Daphne. -- Pansy was seated right across from Daphne, her face was unnerved. Unbothered but not overwhelmed that Katherine bothered to show up.

"Hi Katherine," Pansy huffed.

"And hello to you Pansy." Katherine consoled her.

"You look like hell." Daphne remarked, referring to the swollen bags under Katherine's eyes. - Katherine sat silent, "Already critiquing me?" Katherine inquired as she shot Daphne a stare.

"Did you two hear about Grant's dad?" Pansy queried. Daphne and Katherine looked at each other, both unaware of what had happened over Summer Holiday.

Pansy sighed.

"Grant's dad passed away. I thought the two of you would've known by now. Have the two of you been living under a rock these past three months? -- Blaise has been down his mother's throat since the funeral service. For some reason he thinks his mom is behind the doing. It's absolutely absurd." Pansy professed, rambling onto the point she hadn't noticed the shocked reactions on both of Katherine and Daphne's faces.

"And why would Blaise ever think his mom would be behind his death?" Daphne wondered, her mouth sunkened from the news.

The whole ride there Daphne and Pansy had discussed what happened to Grant's father and his marriage to Blaise's mom. How it was all out of the blue. Coming up with outrageous theories.

The train ride seemed like a never endless eternity to Katherine, having to listen to Daphne and Pansy's appalling and abhorrent accusations and theories. Some making her gag at the thought of it.

Katherine tried hurringly to leave, being dragged down by all of Daphne and Pansy's what seemed to be non-stop gossiping.

Aback she has bumped into Grant, he seemed to be unsettled. Flinching when he had almost ran into Katherine.

"Oh, sorry Grant." Katherine remarked.

Grant shrugged it off,

The two exited the train contemporaneously, shoulder by shoulder.

"I heard what happened with your dad. Pansy told me." Katherine contended, having a sincere and yet worried look on her face. Concerned for her friend's well being.

"You know you don't have to pretend you care. I know you Katherine, you're the last person anyone would think of when it comes to anybody else's well being." Grant pleaded, looking down on Katherine.

"I'm being honest, Grant. I really do care about your well being." Katherine exclaimed.

"Well if you must know, Lyssandra, Blaise's mom is still allowing me to live under the same roof as them." Grant professed, letting out a huff when he mentioned Lyssandra's name. "And if you're going to mention any of the abominable things Pansy and Daphne mentioned, don't bother. I already overheard them."

Katherine could tell Grant was still grieving. Even though it had been months since his father's passing Grant was barely left with any time alone to mourn his father's death; surrounded with publicity and scandal. The constant questions. As though he was still in denial of what happened.

And what seemed to be like forever again, the two paused. Both vulnerable. The two hugged. Grant seemed shocked that Katherine had hugged him as she was so closed in, barely showing any emotion at times.