Chapter 2: Darkening Shadows

Chapter 2 is here, part two from the previous chensung event. owo. what will happen next after their first interaction? let's find out

things to note:

~key stone: a stone that allows a trainer to mega evolve their pokemon
~dynamax ring: a device which allows trainers to dynamax/gigantamax their pokemon
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Uh...... Hi?

Hearing that with his deep voice, as well as realizing that they have been in this position for roughly 5 minutes, Chenle quickly stood up from the other person's lap. "Oh shit! I'm so sorry! I was late and I didn't see you, I'm so sorry! Are you ok?"

Jisung groaned and sat up from the floor, "Yeah I'm fine, you should seriously watch where you're going as well as start going on time," He scolded as he dusted himself down until he deemed himself okay.

Chenle shyly rubbed his nape, "Yeah sorry about tha- wait, are you Park Jisung? As in The Park Jisung? Son of famous former dark type gym leader, Park Chanyeol?" the short one question after finally seeing the face of the person he collided with. He couldn't believe he gets to work with someone like him.

"Yeah that's me, and who are you exactly?"

"I-I'm Zhong Chenle, cousin of Lu Han, good friends of your father, and the new fairy type gym leader. I'm supposed to replace Joy noona after her retirement."

Jisung scrunched his face slighty, trying to decipher what he said before lighting up, "Oh so you're the new guy."

Chenle nodded. "Sorry for being late again... Kinda slipped through my mind"

"It's fine just don't do it again." he then took a deep breath before putting up a professional aura. "Well since you're here, let me show you around the gym, then I'll tell you all the important things both of us need to take care off."

Chenle nodded . "Ok so show the way."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And here is the battle arena." The area was a wide open dirt court, surrounded by seats for people who wanted to watch the challenges and is decorated with a beautiful aesthetic of pink and dark grey. "This area is where all battles for the badge take place. As you can see, we got the finest technology that was provided by the Liu Tech."

Chenle nodded, still at awe that he finally be able to see the arena this close, only used to watch the challenges on tv and only saw live once. Jisung once again commented how every gym here have been created from high quality materials from the Lee Corp. Chenle just kept nodding, still admiring the architecture.

Suddenly, the monitor screen above the arena lit up, showing Chenle's picture under the name of challenger with Jisung under the name gym leader. The short boy looked back down seeing Jisung in a battle form, jacket tucked under the arms, exposing his wide shoulders. Chenle blushed a little but was mainly confused at the abrupt action.

"To be a Gym Leader, you must be strong and be able to be at your feet at all times. So to test that, let's have a battle. One pokemon each, you in?" Jisung taunted as he readied his sole pokeball

Chenle's eyes widen a bit, before showing a determined face afterwards. He won't back away from this opportunity to show his potential. He's not gonna lose. "BRING IT ON!"

Seeing how determined Chenle is, Jisung scoffed softly before releasing his pokemon, a Scrafty. He looked the short boy directly in the eye, "Just wanna let you know that you're have an advantage, just make sure you use it wisely." Chenle nodded, and carefully chose his pokemon, a Galarian Weezing. The tension as both waited for who will get to attack first, but Jisung knows the other will go first as his chosen pokemon is faster than his Scrafty.