CHAPTER NINETEEN

Y/N POV

Sprawled out across the cotton of my bed in the cabin, we were waiting for dinner to roll around. Sunwoo sat on his bed beside me, playing with his lighter and watching the flame flicker. A few light taps on the front door, caused me to get up with a spring, my feet landing on the floor boards in a soft landing.

It was Ashley, the both of us on good terms after talking out all our angst and anything we held against each other. Smiling warmly, she was quick to judge my attire before pulling me past Sunwoo and into the bathroom.

"You're going to dinner like that?" She asked looking at my black distressed jeans and regular oversized hoodie wrapped around me.
"What's wrong with it?" I furrowed my brows with a giggle.
"Juyeon and Eric are gonna ditch after food so you and Sunwoo can have some alone time. Wear that dress this time, if you don't I'm gonna have to rethink about our talk." She whisper shouted, with a joking warn that made me scoff in disbelief.
"Fine I'll wear it." I sighed looking at myself in the mirror before fixing my hair.
"Okay let me get the dress out, I'll be sneaky." She smiled excitedly, whipping out of the door to get the dress.

Presenting myself in the mirror, Ashley soon dived back into the bathroom exaggeratedly - the scarlet dress hung over her arm. I laughed at her 'inconspicuous' act and took the dress from her - slipping it over my legs and up the rest my bare frame. Ashley was quick to zip the dress up at the back, clapping enthusiastically as I turned around.
"If I was you I'd wear this everyday." She gushed in awe adjusting the sleeves that fell and sitting them just off my shoulder.
"Isn't this overdressing?" I laughed at the slightly ridiculous efforts for a local restaurant.
"The restaurant seems kinda boujee and it's technically a date." She replied, fixing the latch on my heels and stepping back up to reassure me.
"Why are y'all pushing us to date? We're friends." I suddenly commented as she cocked a brow.
"Not what Haknyeon said." She smirked with a small chuckle, as my mouth hung agape.
"What's that little shit said to-" I began in a completely shocked outburst but was interrupted by a knock at the bathroom door.

"Y/N! Are you ready to go?" Sunwoo asked from the other side, Ashley and I looked at each other with a nod before opening the door. Relieving me slightly, Sunwoo had dressed up smartly. A casual white t-shirt tucked into black ironed dress trousers - as always a leather jacket hung upon his arms tying the fit together per usual. He was engrossed in the luminosity of his phone screen, stopping his actions as he caught my legs. Slowly looking up, he caught my eyes and scanned my body with a smirk. The frat boy jumped out. He slipped his phone into his pocket and opened the front door.

"Bye Ashley!" I smiled as she waddled back to her own cabin, to get ready for the campfire meal. I turned to Sunwoo, who was still observing the dress and chewing the inside of his lip, coughing to get his attention and smiling idiotically.
"Are we going to meet the other two?" I chuckled as he walked ahead with hesitation.
"I don't know if I want them seeing you like this." He tutted, as I followed him walking up to Cabin 24 - Juyeon and Eric's - music blaring from inside as the lights flickered annoyingly.
Sunwoo walked in, waiting outside with the open door, it wasn't long before the other two came bounding out boyishly.

The two shared a look upon seeing me, if anything the way Juyeon flickered his eyes over me couldn't help me feel anymore insecure. Sunwoo stepped in shooting him a glare walking behind me protectively. Juyeon just rolled his eyes proceeding to talk with Eric in front as we left the site.

Wandering off the cabin estate, there was a small village - not too heavily populated - the only life being seemingly a few bars and areas to eat. Looking up to Sunwoo, he seemed to know where he was going - so did the others as we just relied on his street smarts to guide us to the restaurant. A small amount of walking brought us to a small italian restaurant with a glass front. Sunwoo stepped in first, the restaurant door ringing with an irritating chime as he swung open the door.

Speeding over attentively, a young girl no older than 17 at least made her way to the desk. Opening a reservations booklet and flipping the page to today's date.
"Are you the college students?" She asked slightly perplexed, her eyes grazing over Sunwoo's intimidating attire - down to his hand tats and back up to his heavily pierced ears. Is she checking him out or scared of him? I can't tell.
"Yeah." Sunwoo replied as she began twirling her hair around the splint of her pencil, okay its option one, defense teams roll out. Latching on to his arm, making it seem as if I never even noticed, Sunwoo knew the drill - sneering to himself and slipping the arm I held around my waist.
"Why are you intimidated by some high school kid baby?" He breath fanned over my ear in a whisper, causing me to shiver faintly - snapping my head around to send him a glare.

The waitress more or less took the hint, huffing out in frustration and taking us to a table by the window.  The view beside us was the mountains, lit up in the slight darkness outside - the sun setting just behind the large peaks of green forestry. I sat opposite Sunwoo, Juyeon beside me already had his face engrossed in the menu scanning through items with his eyes.
"Eric on your card," He began to which Eric protested, his family was rich I had no idea what his issue was. "Get 10 of those all round meals to-go. Will Ashley want one?" He turned to me briefly as I replied with a nod, "11 of those to go."
"Hold on why to-go? You're off campus and you're trying to go back?" Sunwoo snickered, eyeing the menu himself with a sharp gaze looking up to the other boy.
"No, we just came for the food, enjoy your date through." Eric smiled as the two got up and placed their orders at the front - they didn't come back but instead waited at the store front to collect what they'd ordered.

Sunwoo and I shared an awkward gaze - the both of us as confused to why everyone had been mentioning dates. I placed my menu down when the waitress returned - there something satisfying about the evils she gave me across the table - flicking her hair in annoyance as we placed our orders. I shot her a smile, appearing as nice as possible when she left - Sunwoo gazed at me with a smirk and a small eyebrow raise.
"What?" I asked snapping out in annoyance.
"Nothing." He shrugged, smiling to himself as we longingly waited for food to arrive.

——

AUTHORS NOTE

sunwoo is so irritating pls.. it's most adorable but paining trait.. ♡︎

there's always that one waiter/waitress that just oversteps it when it comes to customer service like- i want ur food not ur number adam...

anyways i hope you're all well ! whether you're beneath the sunset or sunrise..

sending my love always..

clover <3