[17] Alone

It's the last chapter before SoW comes up

...

Let us think about what comes next

Rue is such a weird kid

Nojjjnjnnjjjkkmmmhnxjkkedifjfjkeekeexe exxeexexjjrjneinf herufwhuuoewejjmrmfeoowjejxnfnvcbc b jbijeieieiikdjjjjejmwnwnqlqkklc

W
Kjwdkkkjwkwhfffnfk knknqlKWQQWQwwqkjweejewowouehfhww qhjkwewhhehhewjwjwjwjekkeejjjwjwwjjwjjwwjwjwjmwmwmwmwmsmmma wejejwj

Ok I think I have an idea now

LOL

...

3 years later...

"Thief!" a merchant cried. "Get him!"

Lucan swore under his breath. He couldn't believe he almost got caught! He quickly put some cake into his mouth and ran from the Riverstead officials(Note: yay. Such a fun situation right? Almost as fun as running from the red Queen while she's yelling "OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!!!" Lol). A root appeared. Lucan ran right into it and tripped.

He got caught.

...

"Captain Kiyoshi," a soldier said. "I have a summon from the Felden officials."

Kiyoshi walked over, sweating from his spar with an army general. He took the letter the soldier offered and read over it. He almost choked on his water when he read the words ...you have been promoted to Captain of Fort Zuka...

"Fort Zuka!"

The soldier who was still there said, "You're the Captain of Fort Zuka? That's really awesome!" Kiyoshi smiled weakly.

Honestly, Kiyoshi wasn't too excited to go to Fort Zuka. Like, it's good that he got promoted but it's too close to Riverstead. He wanted to avoid his mother and Lucan for as long as possible.

He looked up. Being promoted to being a Captain was a big thing! He had to be glad!

Kiyoshi looked at the soldier and said, "Tell the officials that I'll be there in two weeks." The soldier nodded and went off. Kiyoshi took a swig of water and turned back to the army general. "Let's continue."

...

"I can't believe I got caught!" Lucan said, angry. "I should have been more careful!"

Rue nodded. "Say, if Kiyoshi were still here, would you still be stealing?" Lucan shot him a death glare, causing Rue to shrug. "Hey, just wondering. I was wondering because it's been years since you last saw him. Soooooo...he might have kept you in line."

"Rue. Do you want me to come or not?" Lucan said. Rue sighed and observed the other people. Lucan turned away, too. Why did Rue care?

...

I just learned something new.

There's this thing called split keyboard! It looks like this:

I mean I love the old keyboard but my hands hurt from stretching them so far

...

Niika climbed onto a tree. She found it easier to jump around on trees than staying on her treefort. Hardly any necromancers came there anymore.

She sighed. The necromancers learned about her ages ago, and they were careful to avoid her. She stood on the top branch and looked over the treetops of the forest. No undead to be seen. Niika jumped onto the bed she had put on the tree a while before.

Ugh. She couldn't wait until the next day. Lithius was due to come then. It had been a week since she last saw him, and he was the only person she could talk to other than herself.

Niika sighed. Might as well do what she came to do.

She sat down and kept an eye on the forest, sharpening one of her katanas as she did so.

...

The next day...

"Niika!" a Kaltaris called.

"Coming!" Niika yelled as she quickly ran to the trapdoor. She ducked her head down, made sure that no undead were around and pulled Lithius into the treefort.

"Hey, Lithius," Niika said. "What's new?"

"Well," Lithius said, setting his pack down, "there's a rumour that th Sendaris champion—Thalleous, you remember him?—has been killed."

Niika raised her eyebrows. "Thalleous Sendaris. As in the champion of the Sendaris clan? He was killed? Pfft. No way. Unless you were lying about his fighting abilities."

Lithius gave her a solemn look. "Not by anyone. He was killed by a Voltaris."

"A Voltaris?"

"Yes. The long-lost and long-forgotten Ardoni clan."

"What's the colour of their markings?"

"The same colour as the human blood," Lithius replied.

"So red."

"Yes."

"But I remember you told me those Ardoni were banished and killed!"

"That's what most people believed, but it turns out we were wrong, I guess. One village in every clan was attacked."

"Ouch."

"And not just any village. The Voltaris attacked the villages with the Prime Songs in them. They're continuing the Deathsinger's quest."

"Seriously?" Niika said. "I don't know how this concerns me, though."

"Can't you see?" Lithius exclaimed. "After the Voltaris collects all four Prime Songs, they will take over Ardonia!"

Niika sighed. "Okay. But that sounds a little bit...fictional..."

"It's a very real threat. You have never seen the Voltaris on the battle field. If you have, then you would know how dangerous this clan is. The four other clans combined didn't defeat them for a long time. Only when the Deathsinger died did they disperse. We thought they had died...it seems we thought wrong."

Niika fell silent. The Voltaris were more of a threat than she thought at first. Of course, her main priority was the necromancers. She said, "I...I'll keep doing what I've always been doing, and if the Voltaris comes, I'll deal with them."

Niika knew that Lithius felt disappointed in her. "Look, I can't take care of the necromancers and Voltaris at once!" she said in her defence. Lithius sighed.

"Yeah. Which is why I'm going to go fight the Voltaris instead."

"What?!" Niiika exclaimed. "No!"

Lithius nodded grimly. "The Voltaris are a danger to Ardonia. They will wipe out everyone if we let them. Please, Niika. Join me."

Niika glanced back at her chests. "I...can't, Lithius. I'm sorry. This is what I'm supposed to do. Maybe after the necromancers are gone?"

Lithius looked away and said, "(O7, Niika, o7) Well then, we must part ways. Farewell, Niika. It's was nice knowing you." Niika watched, helpless, as Lithius climbed down the trapdoor and out of her life.

She was now alone in this battle against the necromancers.

...

Ok first chapter in ages! Anyway I quickly finished this off, now I'm gonna go back to AxV 3!

Yes it's coming

No it's not finished

And yes it's gonna take a while for the next chapter to come out

So yeah. Niika and Lucan are gonna meet in the next few chapters! Spoilers!

Baii until then!