[16] A Helping Hand

1 year later...

Dear Mother,

Thank you for all you've done for me. I've decided to stay at Fort Bravmin for more training. I'll come visit soon.

Kind regards,

Kiyoshi

That was it. That was all Kiyoshi wrote to Marana. Less than half a page told her that Kiyoshi was not coming back.

Marana sighed. Time to get used to the empty house, now barren of hope.

...

Niika yawned sleepily. She needed some sleep. She had spent the whole night checking that no one had stolen any information—even Felinas needed food, so Niika had to go to town to buy something. Thankfully, nothing was missing. Nothing, that is, except from her sleep.

Niika looked at her neat chests with papers and maps in them. Slowly she got up and took out her bow. There were a few undead out; might as well go and kill some. Niika opened her trapdoor and shot down a few. They fell over, leaving a stench in the air that Niika hated.

She sat down on her chair and got out her paints and started painting the boy who saved her friend, the one called Lucan.

...

Note: I was gonna add something about Kiyoshi here but didn't soz

...

2 years later...

Time flies by again!

"Go away!" Niika shouted, kicking her attacker in the face. He got out a knife and Niika got out her own swords. She sliced at him, making his cry out and stumble back. The undead saw their leader and rushed over to help. Niika tried to escape—one adult(she's 18 now)against countless undead and a necromancer was a guarantee for death—but was pinned to the ground. The necromancer advanced, putting his knife under Niika's chin and she knew that this was the one who slaughtered her family all those years ago.

Suddenly, a burst of red energy hit the necromancer, causing him to fall over. He turned and saw a cloaked figure. Niika looked and saw the one who had saved her when she was young.

The figure attacked the undead and killed most of them. Those who didn't die fled. The necromancer stared in disbelief and turned and ran for his life.

Niika looked at the figure curiously. "Who are you?"

"I am Lithius," the figure said simply. He removed his hood to show an old Kaltaris beneath.

Niika stared at him blankly. He smiled slightly. "I didn't expect you to know me. How much do you know about the world outside the forest?"

"Uh," Niika said, "I know there was the Great War a hundred years ago..." She didn't know anything fresh, only old news.

"Have you heard of Ingressus?"

"Of who?"

"The Deathsinger."

"Oh, yeah, that I know."

"How do you not know who the Deathsinger was...?"

Note:

Anyway

Anyway

"Well, I'm really a fan of reading about war!"

"You should learn the basics. How about this: I come here and inform you about the outside world while you hunt for the necromancers."

Niika thought for a moment. She shook Lithius' hand and they smiled.

Note: ok let me get this straight
Niika=16, 18

Lucan-17, 19

That enough Grace?

Yeah thanks brain

Lol sorry y'all I forgot how old they were and brain chucked this here