The woman began screeching, something about how dangerous and apathetic Cassandra was. Cassandra felt the tears forming behind her eyes, fearful she had let the boys down.

Let George down.

Fred must have somehow deescalated the situation, maybe offering them a coupon as he guided the nasty woman away but Cassandra wasn't listening.

She had no idea how much she loved this job, how she had relied on it until now. She could feel it slipping out of her grasp, slithering away.

George had turned her towards him, a concerned look was on his face when he saw hers. "It's alright Cass, you did nothing wrong! It's okay!" He said tenderly, leaning down to her eye level.

"Am I going to lose my job?" She questioned, her voice just above a whisper.

"Merlin no! I— we are happy to have you here!" His large hands began gingerly rubbing up and down her arms, in an effort to soothe with his gentle touch.

Cassandra could have sworn her arms could be permanently charred in the aftermath of his comfort with the amount of heat fizzling off of her.

He led her to the office, placing her in the swivel chair, George then ran off somewhere. He returned quickly with a glass of water in hand, "Here ya go". He rested against the desk, watching her calm.

She turned the chair towards him, "Thank you," She gave him a weak smile.

His fingers started idly tapping against the desk in a fast rhythm. "So..." his leg started bouncing, "Why don't we all go out for drinks after work? I'm sure that would make you feel better," George rambled off.

Cassandra was stunned.

George Weasley was asking her out? Well maybe not on a date but this was something.

She began to say yes but the phantom memory of the man at home stopped her. She would never hear the end of it.

But, how many times would she get an opportunity like this?

She thought back to Adrian, the egotistical narcissus himself. He would probably be so wrapped up in his own perfection to even notice she was late.

The corners of her mouth turned up for a fleeting moment. "I'd love that," She murmured, voice soft as silk.

"Brilliant!" George blurted out.

"Did someone say drinks?" Fred's voice inquired as he popped around the corner, lazily strolling into the office with them.

"Yeah, you're coming right?"

A dubious smirk stretched across Fred's face, "Hm... I think Angelina and I are going to the pub actually, so you kids have fun." He waggled his eyebrows at his brother, making George roll his eyes.

"Oh and leave some firewhiskey for me!" He said before winking to Cassandra and turning out of the office.

__________

The sun had set, enveloping the shop with shadows as George locked up. Cassandra waited in the office as George had instructed. She once again found herself rapidly spinning the rings on her fingers, feeling terrified yet thrilled for this alone time with George.

After a moment of spinning in the chair, George popped in the back, accompanied by his classic grin. He placed two short glasses on the table, and grabbed the firewhiskey from under the desk, "Here we go."