Chapter 17: Jim Scott

So, I know the POV is weird. But Jim Scott is a selected. And I don't like his name. This MIGHT be sad, or not. I don't really know. 

Also, I should've added this a while ago but TW: gunshots/bullets & death 

The alarm bell rang off as all the selected were in the men's room. Guards burst in, each one grabbing of our arms. A boy who looked about 16 grabbed my arm and dragged me down a hall. We heard the sound of footsteps coming down the hall, and the guard sped up the pace. We started to sprint to a safe room. 

                    Faster.

                                   Faster.

                                                  Faster.

                                   Faster.

                     Faster.

Click.

The sound of a bullet locked into place. A few guards came around nearby corners. 

Bang,

Bang,

Bang,

Bang.

Four guards dead. One left.  

Click,

Plunk,

Click. 

I turned, and saw a person in a guards uniform, but the only difference was they had a solid gold cuff on his wrist. He raised his gun, a cold, dead look in his dark eyes. 

Pop.

The bullet hit my last guard's head as he ran. He loaded another bullet in. I stopped short, and and closed my eyes. There was no way I was getting out of this. No escape from my fate. The pop echoed through the hallway as it pierced my flesh right on my heart. I fell down on some bodies and felt my heart slow down. My breath slowly came to a stop and I started to see white in front of my eyes. I'm dying. I closed my eyes, and felt my life slip away.

I needed someone to die, and your writer here was to lazy to write from Sophie or Keefe's POV. Poor poor Jim. Oh well.

-LoveBooks151515