Chapter 16: Keefe

Yay! Back to back Keefe!

I woke up with the sun on my face, wondering where I was. I looked around and saw Sophie in my arms. I smiled, remembering out date last night. I shifted slightly, and Sophie's eyes fluttered open. She looked up at me and flushed, her cheeks a bright red. In the distance, I heard the faint sound of a bell. I looked at Sophie, confused. 

"What was that Foster?" I asked, trying out her new nickname. 

"Never should've told you that." She muttered, thinking I couldn't hear her. Then she added, "You cannot call me that in front of anyone. Understand?" 

I rolled my eyes. "Understood."

The bell rang again, and Sophie shot up. "What?" I asked, but she grabbed my hand and ran towards the horses. I thought maybe it was a bell to mark a time, but the clear fear showing in Sophie's eyes told a different story. "Foster. Please." I begged, stopping, and jerking her back a little. She sighed. "Fine." She said through gritted teeth. "After we're there." She dragged me to the servants entrance on the side of the building, and as she passed maids, butlers, chefs, and other servants, she smiled, tried to be calm and told them, "Everyone, down the hall to the left, third brick over, seventh brick up. That'll open it, remember?" She dragged me through hallway after hallway until we reached a dead end. I heard the sound of shattering glass nearby and Sophie muttered a few choice words under her breath. She closed her eyes and went nine bricks over and two up and pressed that brick. A diamond and steel infused door opened with a door about three feet deep. The lock was made out of various metals, and I heard the stomping of heavy boots and gunshots echo down the hall. Why were there gunshots? Was this a drill? Sophie pushed herself and me into the room and triple bolted the door, and collapsed on a cot nearby. She closed her eyes and fell asleep quickly, leaving me to my questions.

I'm so sorry that was so short, I'm tired and need to SLEEP! I also need more time to make a good chapter. I feel so bad for waiting this long to update ugh! Plz forgive me! I'll try and update tomorrow but I have to practice my instrument. ✌🏻 Oh, and can you guess where they are? I tried to make it obvious.

-LoveBooks151515